Quote Originally Posted by ngineer View Post
If Lehigh can stay healthy, we will be better this year, and should be in the second tier of the PL. We lack depth, in terms of experience. If the OL gets dinged badly, it will be a tough road. How quickly the freshmen QBs can adapt to the college game in reading defenses will determine if they will see field. While Perri is not a great QB, he is experienced and can manage a game. We're lucky to have him back for a fifth year. Kicking game should be solid. I agree on Colgate being preseason favorite followed by Laughyette, Holy Cross and Fordham.(top tier). Afterwards, Lehigh, Bucknell and Georgetown. Interestingly, our schedule has Lehigh playing the 'top tier' in November, so how quickly the "youngins" grow and how healthy we stay, could determine a Cinderella finish or triage camp.
Lehigh had an excellent recruiting class! And I say that as someone who generally doesn't get too hyped with recruiting given ALL the variables. Being able to land two of the top QBs in PA and RB Crossley was honestly shocking. There were quality pieces abound but those 3 really stand out given Lehigh's long history with offensive stars and that side of the ball's epic struggles recently. Now it comes down to the staff developing and retaining these guys. This is where I'm concerned. Perri/a freshman QB behind a shaky OL would be a recipe for trouble for most teams. With Hunt being the one trying to figure things out I am extremely concerned.

Cahill's decision to focus on guys who resided within 2-3 hours of campus was a smart move at this level. Get these student-athletes and their families to become part of the Lehigh community (academically, athletically, socially) so the portal becomes less enticing.