Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Patriot League Offseason Thread

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Lehigh/Temple/DePaul/Kansas State

Patriot League Offseason Thread

Figured we needed it.....

Bob Chesney officially headed to JMU? Seems like more smoke is billowing out from both sides to make it possible. If so where does HC go from here? Chesney was the perfect coach at the perfect time at HC. Not only that, he was right in the Crusaders backyard which allowed the stars to align just perfectly. It's hard to have lightning strike twice. Especially in the era of the portal. Crusaders will be DRASTICALLY different if Chesney does indeed leave

Lafayette seems in a great position to run the league for at least the next 2-3 years until everyone else gets their ducks in a row...

Early 2024 Predictions?
    1. Lafayette
    2. Colgate
    3. Fordham
    4. Holy Cross
    5. Georgetown
    6. Lehigh
    7. Bucknell
    Last edited by Go Lehigh TU owl; December 5th, 2023 at 10:31 AM.
    Temple B.B.A., DePaul M.Ed., Kansas State Ph.D. (in progress) & Lehigh Blood! Go Mountain Hawks!

Re: Patriot League Offseason Thread

Over/under on the number of NIL football collectives at PL schools by next fall?
    Georgetown: "We play where we do not compete, and compete where we do not play."

On the Breast of Old South Mountain
    My Team
    Lehigh

Quote Originally Posted by Go Lehigh TU owl View Post
    Figured we needed it.....

Bob Chesney officially headed to JMU? Seems like more smoke is billowing out from both sides to make it possible. If so where does HC go from here? Chesney was the perfect coach at the perfect time at HC. Not only that, he was right in the Crusaders backyard which allowed the stars to align just perfectly. It's hard to have lightning strike twice. Especially in the era of the portal. Crusaders will be DRASTICALLY different if Chesney does indeed leave

Lafayette seems in a great position to run the league for at least the next 2-3 years until everyone else gets their ducks in a row...

Early 2024 Predictions?
    1. Lafayette
    2. Colgate
    3. Fordham
    4. Holy Cross
    5. Georgetown
    6. Lehigh
    7. Bucknell
    Don't know enough as to what each school has returning/and newbies coming in. A few significant additions in key places might have significant impact. However, based on what I know, now, I can't disagree with the early rankings.
    LEHIGH WILL SHINE TONIGHT, LEHIGH WILL SHINE!
    Patriot League Champions: 1993, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2010, 2011, 2016, 2017
    NCAA Playoff Appearances: D-II 1973, 1975, 1977 NCAA Champions
    D-IAA 1979 (Finalist), 1980, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2016, 2017

First Class FCS Ruler

BTW, what ever happened to Doc QB?

Personally, I’m kind of enjoying the Cross Sports meltdown with all the smoke around Chesney. Many over there have asserted they should pay him in excess of one million per year (when his name was tied to Syracuse) while others blame the Patriot League (virtually no FCS coaches would turn down a move to JMU). Cignetti was making 667k at JMU and seemed to be in line to get a significant raise if he stayed.

JMU is about the best and “highest level” of a situation an FCS coach can hope for when moving to FBS.

Should be a relatively slow offseason outside of Chesney as the major topics in big time college football are largely irrelevant for the PL.

Top FCS Advocate
    My Team
    Alcorn State

By my count Lafayette is losing 9 starters across offense, defense and special teams. This is just to graduation. Not including any potential transfers but also not factoring in any incoming transfers. Losing some key guys at linebacker and the O Line. On the flip side, barring any surprises, we have our QB, Denobile and stud running back, Jamar Curtis back for two more years. And we had a ton of freshman and sophomores get a lot of relevant playing time this season. Feeling very good on the whole.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

My Team
    Lafayette

Would like to know who Colgate has returning. If all their key guys, I would rank them #1 for 2024. Pards need to fix the defense that cannot stop maple syrup.

Courtesy of UNHWildCats

"Win, but be careful not to win too much. It's not healthy for our institution." - Lafayette Athletics Mission Statement

"And [Bucknell] is a big game because?" - flyfisher

"Because it's what we have. You want bigger, buy a s#!t brown sweatshirt with Chicken Squawks on the front."
    - carney2

On the Breast of Old South Mountain
    My Team
    Lehigh

Quote Originally Posted by Southsider View Post
    BTW, what ever happened to Doc QB?
    He hasn't been on the Board of late...did make an appearance, I think, during Rivalry Week, and saw him at The Game. He's still pretty busy cutting people and involved with his kids.
    LEHIGH WILL SHINE TONIGHT, LEHIGH WILL SHINE!
    Patriot League Champions: 1993, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2010, 2011, 2016, 2017
    NCAA Playoff Appearances: D-II 1973, 1975, 1977 NCAA Champions
    D-IAA 1979 (Finalist), 1980, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2016, 2017

I love how everyone sees HC falling back to the pack in the PL.....we shall see, we already have a QB (not Sluka) who won games at Fordham and at Lehigh this year.

HC is going to be a tough out for anyone in the PL moving forward....Chesney may or may not be back next year but a scholarship Holy Cross is going to be a strong football program moving forward.

My Team
    Colgate

I believe Lehigh will be far stronger in Year Two of its new coaching regime.
    Lafayette and Cross remain the teams to beat.