• Montana

66 79.52%
Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Quarterfinal: #7 Furman @ #2 Montana

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    AGS FCS Champion

2023 Quarterfinal: #7 Furman @ #2 Montana

Game kicks off Friday 12/8 at 7PM MT and will be broadcast nationally on ESPN2. Winner moves on to face the winner of North Dakota State and #3 South Dakota.

Last edited by Professor Chaos; December 3rd, 2023 at 09:08 AM.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 9-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

My Team
    Montana

Re: 2023 Quarterfinal: #7 Furman @ #2 Montana

Game will be Friday night on ESPN2
    "This team is not aesthetically pleasing"

FCS Ruler

Link please I can’t find it anywhere?

-

My Team
    Furman & Mercer

Quote Originally Posted by apaladin View Post
    Link please I can’t find it anywhere?

-
    https://gogriz.com/sports/football/schedule
    NCAA DIVISION I MANUAL

20.10.1 Commitments to the Division I Collegiate Model
    Bylaws proposed and enacted by member institutions governing the conduct of intercollegiate athletics shall be designed to foster competition in amateur athletics

20.10.1.2 The Commitment to Amateurism
    Member institutions shall conduct their athletics programs…maintaining a line of demarcation between student-athletes who participate in the Collegiate Model and athletes competing in the professional model

FCS Ruler

Quote Originally Posted by FUBeAR View Post
    Thanks

My Team
    Montana

Quote Originally Posted by uofmman1122 View Post
    Game will be Friday night on ESPN2
    Nice. Short week + late hours for an EST team + elements. Couldn't ask for any more of an advantage.

The Nickelback of AGS

My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by Silenoz View Post
    Nice. Short week + late hours for an EST team + elements. Couldn't ask for any more of an advantage.
    Don't **** it up
    “What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms.”– Thomas Jefferson

My Team
    Furman & Mercer

Quote Originally Posted by Silenoz View Post
    Nah - not really

Short Week / Preparation - FU had an extra half-day of preparation on the Griz - The lights were on in the Coaching Offices in GVL from 4:06 PM when the Chatt game ended until...well, they still haven't left. Also, FU played Chatt just 4 weeks ago. They were working on prepping for Montana most of last week. The Chatt gameplan hay was in the barn in early November.

Late Hours - C'mon man - these are young college men - FUBeAR did almost ALL of his best work during late nights when he was in college. FUBeAR bets that maybe Silenoz did as well. No worries there.

Noise / Loud - already covered that - 78,281 @ USC this season and 78,302 @ Clemson in '22. 20,580 is fantastic for FCS Football, but it's 'Tuesday' for Furman's Players

Elements
    _____Cold - Current forecast of low- to mid- 20's Temps AND "Feels like" is something, but not much. Players won't notice that after the 1st series. If the forecast is wrong and it gets down into the teens (or lower) with whipping, skin-freezing winds, then...Yep - that would matter.
    use
    _____Precipitation - Current forecast of none other than a few possible pre-game flurries won't really matter. If that changes to anything like last night, then... Yep - that would matter.

As it stands...the Better Team that PLAYS Better will win this game - as it should be.

If the weather forecast changes, that would be unfortunate because no Team should have to play Playoff Football in horrid weather conditions for Football.

It's just wrong and should be remedied. FBS Playoffs don't have 'Arctic Circle' games and FCS Playoffs should not either. It impairs the overall brand of the subdivision. (Added just in case any of our evil NCAA overlords are reading along).
    NCAA DIVISION I MANUAL

Bylaws proposed and enacted by member institutions governing the conduct of intercollegiate athletics shall be designed to foster competition in amateur athletics

Member institutions shall conduct their athletics programs…maintaining a line of demarcation between student-athletes who participate in the Collegiate Model and athletes competing in the professional model

The Sultan of Sarcasm Grizalltheway's Avatar
    My Team
    Good Ol' Grizzlies

Quote Originally Posted by FUBeAR View Post
    Nah - not really

Short Week / Preparation - FU had an extra half-day of preparation on the Griz - The lights were on in the Coaching Offices in GVL from 4:06 PM when the Chatt game ended until...well, they still haven't left. Also, FU played Chatt just 4 weeks ago. They were working on prepping for Montana most of last week. The Chatt gameplan hay was in the barn in early November.

Late Hours - C'mon man - these are young college men - FUBeAR did almost ALL of his best work during late nights when he was in college. FUBeAR bets that maybe Silenoz did as well. No worries there.

Noise / Loud - already covered that - 78,281 @ USC this season and 78,302 @ Clemson in '22. 20,580 is fantastic for FCS Football, but it's 'Tuesday' for Furman's Players

Elements
    _____Cold - Current forecast of low- to mid- 20's Temps AND "Feels like" is something, but not much. Players won't notice that after the 1st series. If the forecast is wrong and it gets down into the teens (or lower) with whipping, skin-freezing winds, then...Yep - that would matter.
    use
    _____Precipitation - Current forecast of none other than a few possible pre-game flurries won't really matter. If that changes to anything like last night, then... Yep - that would matter.

As it stands...the Better Team that PLAYS Better will win this game - as it should be.

If the weather forecast changes, that would be unfortunate because no Team should have to play Playoff Football in horrid weather conditions for Football.

It's just wrong and should be remedied. FBS Playoffs don't have 'Arctic Circle' games and FCS Playoffs should not either. It impairs the overall brand of the subdivision. (Added just in case any of our evil NCAA overlords are reading along).
    Save your tears for after the game.

My Team
    Furman & Mercer

Quote Originally Posted by Grizalltheway View Post
    Save your tears for after the game.
    FUBeAR's objections to the current structure of the FCS Playoffs are historically well-documented and go well beyond the scope of this one game.

NCAA DIVISION I MANUAL