• Idaho

26 65.00%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Playoffs Round 2: Southern Illinois @ #4 Idaho

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    AGS FCS Champion

2023 Playoffs Round 2: Southern Illinois @ #4 Idaho

Game kicks off Saturday 12/2 at 8PM MT and will be broadcast nationally on ESPN2 and streaming on ESPN+. Winner faces the winner of Richmond and Albany.

Last edited by Professor Chaos; November 27th, 2023 at 01:59 PM.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 9-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

AGS FCS Champion

Re: 2023 Playoffs Round 2: Southern Illinois @ #4 Idaho

Don't know anything about Idaho but I expect us to compete well. If the defense doesn't get left on the field for 40 minutes like happened in Fargo it will be close
    Subvert the dominant paradigm

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Delaware

Quote Originally Posted by Houndawg View Post
    Don't know anything about Idaho but I expect us to compete well. If the defense doesn't get left on the field for 40 minutes like happened in Fargo it will be close
    The QB is the Real McCoy and WR Hayden Hatten make for a dynamic I duo Ho ….

this is a great playoff match up!

Idaho's goal is to slowly slice and dice you en route to a 17 play 11:00min 78yd TD drive. They go for it on fourth and will try and play keep away forever. Sometimes it works!(MSU game) sometimes their gambling back fires and they lose(UM game). But their QB(McCoy) is as good as i've seen at this level this year, and their skill players are top notch.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Peems View Post
    Idaho's goal is to slowly slice and dice you en route to a 17 play 11:00min 78yd TD drive. They go for it on fourth and will try and play keep away forever. Sometimes it works!(MSU game) sometimes their gambling back fires and they lose(UM game). But their QB(McCoy) is as good as i've seen at this level this year, and their skill players are top notch.
    Sounds like there are some similarities - SIU often goes for it on 4th down and has good skill players but their o line is their weakest area over all. I put in a homer vote for SIU in an upset.

First Class FCS Ruler Grizzlies82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peems View Post

Peems sized them up perfectly. The Vandals M.O. is to strive for 40 minutes of possession per game. Somehow your guys will need to get the ball away from them and keep it. If Idaho doesn't get 'playoff stage fright' I expect they'll easily advance into the semifinals.

Last year their QB McCoy was freshman of the year. He is a dangerous dude scrambling for yards or throwing on the run. He is good enough where I won't be surprised if he finishes his career at a Pac 12 school rather than there in Moscow, Idaho.
    What does it matter?

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlies82 View Post
    Peems sized them up perfectly. The Vandals M.O. is to strive for 40 minutes of possession per game. Somehow your guys will need to get the ball away from them and keep it. If Idaho doesn't get 'playoff stage fright' I expect they'll easily advance into the semifinals.

Last year their QB McCoy was freshman of the year. He is a dangerous dude scrambling for yards or throwing on the run. He is good enough where I won't be surprised if he finishes his career at a Pac 12 school rather than there in Moscow, Idaho.
    Sounds like the difference may be in the non-marquee side of the match up

First Class FCS Ruler Grizzlies82's Avatar

Sounds like the difference may be in the non-marquee side of the match up

My guess, for your best odds turn the tables on them. Have your offense permanently clutch the ball to their chests. Don't even hand it to the refs until you score. Keep the damn thing at all times. The Salukis scored in bunches this weekend. Stick with that plan. Score in bunches and make McCoy watch the game from the benches. If that plan works have your University send me a check for my consultation fees. Good luck and you're welcome.

You never know with these playoff games, though I suspect this might be one of the better games this coming weekend.
    What does it matter?

FCS Master
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Looking at your schedule, it shows you're a much different team at home than you are on the road. It's doable, but the Salukis will have to reverse that trend to stay in this game.
    AGS Survivor Pool Winners:

2021: crusader11
    2022: KPSUL
    2023: Karl Havoc

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Chalupa Batman View Post
    Looking at your schedule, it shows you're a much different team at home than you are on the road. It's doable, but the Salukis will have to reverse that trend to stay in this game.
    yes, some, but I'm not sure how much - our two worst defensive performances happened on the road and both times TOP was the reason, near 40 minutes on the field both games for the defense. Weather was a factor at YSU that it won't be in Idaho, where the game will hinge on our ability to run, which wasn't very good against NDSU or SDSU so if Idaho has a d line like those guys we're probably hosed