Thread: AGS Poll Results 2023 Wk12 - SELECTION SUNDAY!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm no better than you...probably
    My Team
    Montana

Re: AGS Poll Results 2023 Wk12 - SELECTION SUNDAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Chalupa Batman View Post
    They obviously do some regionalization, Fordham/New Hampshire @ Holy Cross, Weber going to Montana State last year, Youngstown/Duquesne going to Villanova this year. But it does seem that it’s not THE top priority.
    We're saying the same thing I think. It happens in the 2nd if it's easy but it is not a high priority like it is in 1st round.
    http://www.anygivensaturday.com/signaturepics/sigpic2954_4.gif
    "At Georgia Southern, we don't cheat.......That costs money and we don't have any."
    Erk Russell - Georgia Southern

FCS Master
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by ursus arctos horribilis View Post
    We're saying the same thing I think. It happens in the 2nd if it's easy but it is not a high priority like it is in 1st round.
    Yeah pretty much. I'm not disappointed by it either, it's a little refreshing, but relatively surprised.
    AGS Survivor Pool Winners:

2021: crusader11
    2022: KPSUL
    2023: Karl Havoc

Top FCS Ruler
    My Team
    McNeese Cowboys

Yeah pretty much. I'm not disappointed by it either, it's a little refreshing, but relatively surprised.
    Of the unseeded teams, is Southern Illinois the closest location for Nicholls?
    Yeah, the Colonels have a lousy record, but they did go 5-0 in the conference and are the AQ, and it seems like they didn't get any respect at all.
    Yeah, I know. They have a chance to prove it on the field.
    But, if you say, geography is important in the first round, I'm just wondering about this.

FCS Master
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by McCowboys View Post
    Yeah, the Colonels have a lousy record, but they did go 5-0 in the conference and are the AQ, and it seems like they didn't get any respect at all.
    But, if you say, geography is important in the first round, I'm just wondering about this.
    Nicholls doesn't have any teams in the field within 400 miles of them which means a bus trip is out of the equation. If you're going to be getting on a plane anyway, then pairing you with the closest team geographically pretty much goes out the window.
    AGS Survivor Pool Winners:

2021: crusader11
    2022: KPSUL
    2023: Karl Havoc

Top FCS Ruler
    My Team
    McNeese Cowboys

Nicholls doesn't have any teams in the field within 400 miles of them which means a bus trip is out of the equation. If you're going to be getting on a plane anyway, then pairing you with the closest team geographically pretty much goes out the window.
    Dang those stupid Cajuns for building their university (Harvard on the Bayou) way down yonder in the swamp!

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by McCowboys View Post
    Probably not the closest - I think that would be Mercer but SIU isn't much further and both are over the 400 mile radius for bus travel so it didn't make a big difference anyway from a policy perspective on how they're supposed to build the bracket. Here's how the field looked in terms of seeded/unseeded teams (can't put good labels on it but you can see which one is Nicholls and that there isn't much around them for other playoff teams).

Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 9-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

Top FCS Ruler
    My Team
    McNeese Cowboys

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Probably not the closest - I think that would be Mercer but SIU isn't much further and both are over the 400 mile radius for bus travel so it didn't make a big difference anyway from a policy perspective on how they're supposed to build the bracket. Here's how the field looked in terms of seeded/unseeded teams (can't put good labels on it but you can see which one is Nicholls and that there isn't much around them for other playoff teams).

Thanks! I did think Georgia or Tennessee might be just a bit closer. ;-)
    It's going to take them Cajuns a while to row the pirogues up the river so it is a good thing the game isn't until Saturday -- and no snow in the forecast!

I don't think it would matter much anyway. Back in the good ol' days when McNeese made the playoffs and had to travel, you can best bet we were sent off to UNI, Delaware, Montana, or Idaho.
    I think before next year's selection committee meets, I'm going to send them an atlas.