Thread: #3 Montana State Bobcats @ #1 South Dakota State Jackrabbits

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    First Class FCS Ruler SeattleCat's Avatar
    My Team
    Montana State

#3 Montana State Bobcats @ #1 South Dakota State Jackrabbits

6pm Cst in Brookings, SD.

This game deserves it's own thread. All eyes will be on this one.

AGS FCS Champion

Re: #3 Montana State Bobcats @ #1 South Dakota State Jackrabbits

I like SDSU to win but I don't think it'll be by the margin it was in last year's semis. I think Montana St comes in with the emotional edge due to the way that game went down and they're going to play more scrappy to keep themselves in it. Glad it's a later kickoff so I can watch it.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 9-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

FCS Master
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I like SDSU to win but I don't think it'll be by the margin it was in last year's semis. I think Montana St comes in with the emotional edge due to the way that game went down and they're going to play more scrappy to keep themselves in it. Glad it's a later kickoff so I can watch it.
    I pretty much agree with this. Last year SDSU came in with the chip on their shoulder after Holy Cross ran all over them and alot of people assumed MSU was going to run for even more yards. And the Jacks only had a week to stew over that, the Bobcats have been stewing over the loss for 9 months. Bobcat offense puts on a much better performance, but unfortunately for them their defense will still be outmatched and will have very little success slowing down SDSU. SDSU wins 38-27.
    AGS Survivor Pool Winners:

2021: crusader11
    2022: KPSUL
    2023: Karl Havoc

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    North Dakota State

SDSU wins in a blowout

First Class FCS Advocate RahRahRabbits's Avatar
    My Team
    South Dakota State

I will be in the seats for this one. It's going to be a packed house with what should be a raucous, playoff-like crowd. I know a few of you have a crazy crowd every week... we're getting there... but have a lot of Midwest-nice, quiet, and conservative fan base to get to loosen up a bit. Looks like there's a decent number of Bobcat fans making the trek, but I still don't think they'll make up a significant portion of the crowd.

It's also a bowl game! It's our annual Beef Bowl - a game to honor our agricultural roots as a land grant institution, specifically the beef industry this week. They auction off a market steer at the game - years ago, they used to actually bring the steer onto the field during halftime. I miss those days... but the football is sure better now.

I expect a good, hard fought game. As others have said, and is completely obvious anyways, the Bobcats are coming in with a major chip on their shoulder that has been gnawing at them for nine months. I heard the grounds crew is trying their best to ice the field... but it's just not sticking around this time. Do not count on the Jacks being complacent. They are hungry as ever for more, and Coach Jimmy Rogers, who is a stark change from beloved, soft-spoken, aww-shucks, "Holy Nutmeg" saying Coach Stigelmeier... will have them fully fired up and ready to go. Heck, with as many seniors are back for SDSU, I could probably even coach them to a playoff-seeded record. For those of you unfamiliar, Jimmy Rogers has been with the SDSU program for a couple decades, both as a fantastic linebacker, and an assistant coach working up through the ranks. There is a fiery intensity that just surrounds him at all times. Last year he gave an interview before the NDSU game...
    --------------
    "It consumes me, to be honest," Rogers confesses, sitting at a desk covered in old-school playbook pages. "Not hoisting the Marker. Don't ask what that feels like because I've never done that. Not as a player or a coach. I let the other guys do that. I don't want to be running to that and miss my favorite part."

And, what's that, Coach?

"Watching them walk off the field. Watching them have to leave that field knowing they have lost."
    --------------
    That being said... obviously anything can happen, but neither team will come in complacent with the past. Both teams are so deep and talented, I think it's going to stay close, but I expect SDSU's size in the trenches to be the deciding factor in this hard fought battle. SDSU pulls it out, 35-24.

First Class FCS Ruler SeattleCat's Avatar
    My Team
    Montana State

To add to the Size comments that keep floating around, its not like our O line is tiny, they were ALL underclassmen last year and have all put on significant weight while trying to maintain athleticism.

LT RFr Conner Moore 6-5 306
    LG RJr Rush Reimer 6-5 300
    C RJr Justus Perkins 6-0 282 (Justus is undersized but he plays like a bull)
    RG So Omar Aighedian 6-3 308
    RT RJr Marcus Wehr 6-2 292

My Team
    South Dakota State

#3 Montana State Bobcats @ #1 South Dakota State Jackrabbits

Jackrabbit threads for tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    #SDSU

FCS Playoffs: 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
    Semifinals: 2017, 2018, 2020, 2021, 2022
    National Champions: 2022

First Class FCS Advocate RahRahRabbits's Avatar
    My Team
    South Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by mmiller_34 View Post

Jackrabbit threads for tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can't quite tell... do you know what company makes the uniforms?? Some very subtle logo placement there.

New helmets look slick though. Glad the players finally get to decide the outcome of this game today instead of all us armchair QBs. So excited for tonight! College football season... truly the most wonderful time of the year.

Top FCS Ruler
    My Team
    Montana State

Tommy has improved as a QB. The Oline has added a few pounds. I think the defense has improved.

But I'm sure SDSU hasn't been sitting around since the previous meeting either. Did MSU improve enough more than SDSU?

My heart says we're going to win a close one. My head says the odds are that we lose a close one.

I can't wait for the game tonight to see what happens. Good luck to both teams - here's to no injuries

Top FCS Ruler
    My Team
    Montana State