Quote Originally Posted by 813Jag View Post
Delaware State got pounded yesterday, there's no question about that, but why should the whole league get demoted because of that. Different sport, but I have to ask, how many schools that are FCS have won NCAA Div I basketball titles? How many have won 1st round games? Should we all lose our autobids? Or should we do like the CAA and Missouri Valley, improve our facilities, coaching, and scheduling to become more competitive?
Delaware State has been playing with fire all year, it was only a matter of time before it caught up with them.
I agree with that last sentence. I did a statistical comparison of all the teams in the playoffs and I saw that DSU was the only team that was allowing more yards to its opponents than it was gaining. The only one.

Sounds like a team that overachieved and a team that if it did not play well, would be overwhelmed by better talent. No way a team that gives up more yards than it gains should be 10-1...they just kept finding ways to win, apparently.

https://admin.xosn.com/fls/12900/sta...7/teamcume.htm

Folks can look it up on that link.

They were not the same as the Hamptons and the FAMU teams the MEAC has sent to the playoffs in the past. They weren't a team that was dominating the conference by a longshot. I'm sure there were more talented MEAC teams this year, but give DSU credit: they found a way to get the title.