Quote Originally Posted by POD Knows View Post
We are sort of drifting this thread but I lived in a town in north central ND that was full of UND hockey fans that were Bison football fans. It is real common to cross over to UND hockey. Lots of hockey fans in ND and who are you gonna support, the freaking gophers, screw that. I just quit watching college hockey but I would be on board with a real program at NDSU expect they would have to add women’s hockey to probably be in Title IX compliance and the deal would be a big money loser and the rink situation would be a problem. If you are gonna be good and offer scholarships, you need a decent sized rink that you can fill to generate revenue and sharing the rink out on 32nd ave is not an answer and it is too far from the campus.
Yeah, the best thing for NDSU would be to dump money into basketball. Given that NDSU uses the interests/abilities prong for title IX, starting a Womens program only could make sense. UND needs to support basketball better as well. Mentioning because it may be of interest to you - Minot State is playing exhibition games vs D1 CC and Denver at the end of December. Will be interesting to see how those games play out. Minot isn't D1 but they are an interesting program to follow.