Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: CAA 2023 Off-Season Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    AGS FCS Master
    My Team
    New Hampshire

CAA 2023 Off-Season Thread

It's time to retire the "CAA Thoughts?" Thread. It has long since worn out its usefulness.

At the start of the 2022 Season I was cautiously optimistic about New Hampshire's chances, but never thought they would do as well as it turned out. The 2023 season looks very different. We've lost very few key players to graduation and have no one of consequence in the portal. (Starters gone: OT Patrick Flynn, WR Brian Espanet, DT Niko Kvietkus, S Pop Bush) Coach Rick Santos has reinvigorated the program and instilled a positive, winning attitude. I see the strategy in who we've signed in the early signing period and UNH has competed more successfully for the recruits they need better than they have in many seasons. The 2023 UNH Wildcats are a serious contender for the Conference Championship and a likely playoff participants with a strong chance of going deeper than the 2nd round.

Thoughts and questions on other CAA Teams? Returning players? The possible effects of portal desertions? Most critical needs by position? Possible coaching changes both actual and desired? Predicted 2023 results?

Prospects for new CAA members NC A&T and Campbell?

Divisional alignment. Is it coming? Why or why not? If it is, what will it look like?
    "Knowledge is Good" Emil Faber

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Delaware

Re: CAA 2023 Off-Season Thread

https://www.flofootball.com/articles...ing-day-splash

Blackbear posted this so just bringing it over here

The only number of stars ⭐️ that I知 interested in are the 57 navigational Stars

the big question for now... is the CAA still signed up with Flo next year? I bet the answer is a big yes since Flo is still promoting the league

My Team
    William & Mary

Quote Originally Posted by caribbeanhen View Post
    https://www.flofootball.com/articles...ing-day-splash

Blackbear posted this so just bringing it over here

The only number of stars ⭐️ that I知 interested in are the 57 navigational Stars

the big question for now... is the CAA still signed up with Flo next year? I bet the answer is a big yes since Flo is still promoting the league

The effing AD's should have been and should be all over the Commish for that joke. I hope he is enjoying the perks he got, as the rest of us are still getting screwed. Talk about leaving your conference on an island........The Commish should be at Rikers Island for that offense.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Delaware

Quote Originally Posted by TribeNomad1 View Post
    The effing AD's should have been and should be all over the Commish for that joke. I hope he is enjoying the perks he got, as the rest of us are still getting screwed. Talk about leaving your conference on an island........The Commish should be at Rikers Island for that offense.
    Alcatraz locked in a cell with Flo 😩

FCS EGG-HOLE
    My Team
    DELAWARE

Quote Originally Posted by TribeNomad1 View Post

🏝 = ⌚️🚗 💵

FCS EGG-HOLE
    My Team
    DELAWARE

...WOOD BE INTERESTIN' TA SEE....VIEWERSHIP #'s....(ACCTS.)........FO' FLO........ACROSS DUH CAA...........AWK!

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Delaware

Quote Originally Posted by MR. CHICKEN View Post
    ...WOOD BE INTERESTIN' TA SEE....VIEWERSHIP #'s....(ACCTS.)........FO' FLO........ACROSS DUH CAA...........AWK!
    Probably not much to see Mr C...

but I would be interested as well

I bet Puerto Rico has as many subscribers as

Hampton
    Rhode Island

AGS FCS Champion

W&M returns more than enough to be in the hunt for 2023. 48 guys on the two-deep at season end and 41 return along with the punter, long snapper, holder and KR. Only loss to the portal is PK Ethan Chang. Key returnees from injury who missed all of 2022 are OL Marcus Crowell who will step into Colby Sorsdal spot at RT and S David Roulley who should fill for Tye Freeland. Four starters back on OL along with Crowell and all four RBs, QB Wilson and wildcat Hollis Mathis bodes well for continued strong run game. Mathis will reportedly work at WR in spring to expand role. Defense returns significant depth everywhere and has promising redshirts to fill where needed.

As to the new teams I was impressed with Campbell when they came to Williamsburg in week 2 and after they throttled NCCU thought they were on their way to Big South title. They faded significantly as season wore on and ended as an afterthought along with NC A&T. Will be interesting to see how they perform when we visit in week 1.
    Go Tribe!

I知 most curious on the conference schedule. Other than Richmond and Hampton, I知 still not sure who we will have on the schedule for 2023.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Sitting Bull View Post
    I知 most curious on the conference schedule. Other than Richmond and Hampton, I知 still not sure who we will have on the schedule for 2023.
    We know Campbell as well as it's already scheduled.
    Go Tribe!