I don't really see many attractive, and realistic, SoCon additions. As much as I would like to see W&M and Richmond, I am not holding my breath.

UNC-A and USC-Upstate are commuter schools. Asheville is fairly small by public school standards and Upstate has horrible basketball facilities. Two teams in Charleston didn't work, so I doubt two teams in Sparkle City would do better. Winthrop hasn't done much since Greg Marshall left. UNC-Wilmington is somewhat interesting although not really close to any other school in the SoCon. Presbyterian has no interest from me.

It is hard for me to pick an non-football school in the Big South, MEAC, or A-Sun which ups the ante for SoCon basketball.

At this point, the only additions I would want for the SoCon would be for replacement of a departing member leaving for the Big XII, or the two dream teams listed in my first sentence.

The last basketball expansion with UNCG, the College of Knowledge, and Davidson didn't really help hoops overall. Even with UNCG's recent success, we are still a one-bid conference.