Quote Originally Posted by SFA 93 View Post
The jury is still out for me on SFA, and for me, it will be judged on how they do in FCS competition.

No doubt the run defense is getting gutted, right up the middle, (286 yards a game after two games, that ain't good) and what else that is lacking, is the aggressive nature of the defense that was pretty intense in 2021.

But we do have a new DC, along with a new DT, OL, and DB coach and with that comes new ways of doing things, and maybe the team is still trying to get there, still learning the schemes.

Compound that by the loss of 3 starting DT's (1 to the NFL, 1 starting at TCU, and 1 starting at Liberty) as well as two starting DB's that are now starting at Louisiana Tech really hurt the defense as well. Two red-shirt freshmen now start on the defensive front, something the coaching staff was not expecting for 2022.

So yea, frustrating to say the least, and yes the hype was up there as well, who knows maybe this team will come around and start getting it, the talent is there, but we will see, not ready to write them off just yet after two games.
The losses we've taken this year with the staff going to Louisiana Tech and then TCU is showing. Also, eating our own cheese and playing uninspired football has hurt. I hope the Alcorn State was the kick in the ass the team needed.