Apologies if I missed a similar post but as a new member of the CAA, was wondering what everyone thinks/knows about their teams coming into 2022?

I guess the obvious is that Delaware and Nova will be good and I saw Richmond in the top 25 in one of the polls, but would love to hear some more intimate thoughts from guys here and their squads.

Which teams think they will be much improved or maybe overrated? Without JMU is there a "dominant" team heading into 2022? Who thinks they have been helped/hurt by the portal, stuff like that.

I will not go into too much detail about us (Monmouth - if that was not obvious) b/c I doubt anyone has the appetitive yet for that! With that said here are some basic thoughts:

*We return our QB Tony Muskett, who after a stellar (shortened 2021 Spring campaign) was up and down in Fall 2021 but still played pretty well and there is still a lot of hype/potential/excitement around him for his 3rd year.

His main issue was inconsistency when pressured and a collapsed pocket, but we think he will be ok.

* We lose 4/5 starters on the OL but return a pre season 1st team guy at RT who missed the entire 2021 season. So "on paper" OL should not be a strength, but we are coached very well there and in past years have found a way to be a formidable unit regardless of experience. I will say that IMO this group underperformed in 2021 despite vast experience.

* RB will 100% no doubt be our strength, we return Juwon Farri who was banged up off and on and literally 3-4 more guys who can all play at a high level. This includes a Freshman kid who looks like Barry Sanders in his HS film and is a state champ in the 100 meters. Jayden Shirden and Owen Wright return as well from last year ( Shirden is VERY fast and shifty and Wright more of a bruiser but also with athleticism).

* WR we lose Lonnie Moore (Jets mini camp) and Terrance Greene (transfer to JMU). We also lost another kid to transfer who originally came to us from JMU and is now at Georgia Southern. Not great stuff but we have a very good kid comig fom Yale and a few dudes who flashed the last couple years.

On defense the losses are similar-

* DL we lose our best kid to the portal and graduate another couple guys. We lose our best cover corner and real stud safety Anthony Budd. But we do return a couple real nice players at LB, DL and DB including some top guys (CB, Safety) as well as getting back our MLB and would have been maybe best player for 2021 had he not missed the season with injury.

I think we essentially return about 10 starters out of 22 guys which is enough to not have excuses, but we will def need some guys to step up and for some others to go from good to great.

who knows how the move from the big south to CAA will go- I guess on paper we would be looked at as a serious underdog as it is a step up and we lose a lot of guys, but from a mental standpoint, this staff and team has done its best work when it is the hunter not the hunted (2021 a great example).. Our schedule is below and I know the entire program is excited. OOC games included I assume most would have us pegged anywhere from 4-7 at the low point to 7-4 at the highpoint. I will never take anything for granted again but games we should win are- Fordham, Lehigh, Georgetown (our OOC slate) but nothing is a given at all. So can we win 4 CAA games in our first year with a semi rebuilding effort in place? You guys tell me. No clue what to expect or who is good or improved or any of that! I know we expect to win games and feel like we belong and our OOC slate at least gives us the chance where if we can somehow win 4-5 CAA GAMES, can be in contention for the playoffs. Need to beat either Nova or Delaware and win 4 of these games (Maine, SB, Towson, URI, UNH, Albany).. I am 100% biased but I feel that is possible. Anything can happen.. Thoughts on your squads or in general appreciated!

Date Time At Opponent Location Tournament Result

Sep 1 (Thu) 7:00 PM Away New Hampshire Durham, NH

Sep 10 (Sat) 1:00 PM Home Fordham West Long Branch, NJ (Kessler Stadium)

Sep 17 (Sat) 1:00 PM Home Georgetown West Long Branch, NJ (Kessler Stadium)

Sep 24 (Sat) 3:30 PM Away Villanova Villanova, PA

Oct 1 (Sat) TBA Away Lehigh Bethlehem, PA

Oct 8 (Sat) 1:00 PM Home UAlbany West Long Branch, NJ (Kessler Stadium)

Oct 15 (Sat) 1:00 PM Away Maine Orono, ME

Oct 22 (Sat) 1:00 PM Home Rhode Island West Long Branch, NJ (Kessler Stadium)

Oct 29 (Sat) 1:00 PM Home Towson West Long Branch, NJ (Kessler Stadium)

Nov 5 (Sat) 1:00 PM Away Delaware Newark, DE

Nov 19 (Sat) 12:00 PM Home Stony Brook West Long Branch, NJ (Kessler Stadium)

Date Time At Opponent Location Tournament Result

Sep 1 (Thu) 7:00 PM Away New Hampshire Durham, NH

Sep 10 (Sat) 1:00 PM Home Fordham West Long Branch, NJ (Kessler Stadium)

Sep 17 (Sat) 1:00 PM Home Georgetown West Long Branch, NJ (Kessler Stadium)

Sep 24 (Sat) 3:30 PM Away Villanova Villanova, PA

Oct 1 (Sat) TBA Away Lehigh Bethlehem, PA

Oct 8 (Sat) 1:00 PM Home UAlbany West Long Branch, NJ (Kessler Stadium)

Oct 15 (Sat) 1:00 PM Away Maine Orono, ME

Oct 22 (Sat) 1:00 PM Home Rhode Island West Long Branch, NJ (Kessler Stadium)

Oct 29 (Sat) 1:00 PM Home Towson West Long Branch, NJ (Kessler Stadium)

Nov 5 (Sat) 1:00 PM Away Delaware Newark, DE

Nov 19 (Sat) 12:00 PM Home Stony Brook West Long Branch, NJ (Kessler Stadium)