Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Disney having trouble selling ads for ESPN+?

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Sam Houston

Re: Disney having trouble selling ads for ESPN+?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    They couldn't even get a good color guy for the FCS championship game. Jay Walker was beyond mind numbing with the comments he made during the game.
    I may be wrong, but I thought that was Andre Ware.
    The Moth don't care if the Flame is real.

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    Perhaps if ESPN+ ran adds that were somehow appropriate or targeted to its audience. I have the RBC Heritage on right now and the advertising is not exactly targeted.

LOL, so a tee shot just went in to somebody's backyard right on the OB line. There is a slough area on the right hand side of the fairway with the OB stakes on the other side. So some guy in ratty shorts and t-shirt is sitting in his backyard and they see a ball there on the other side. The guy goes to check it, PICKS UP THE BALL, and says yeah, Titleist, Red 2 with a black dot. LOL, they had to mute it because pretty sure the player or caddie dropped an F bomb when he picked it up. Then he sets it back down, but it is so close to the OB line, probably out, but who knows after he PICKED UP THE BALL. Took the OB and 3 off the tee, just like the rest of us hacks.
    I realize I am quoting myself here but that scenario I described there from the RBC Heritage on Friday that cost Varner III 2 strokes ended up costing him the tournament as he finished at -12, one stroke back and tied for 3rd.

Pride of the Western Plain

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    The Citadel

I realize I am quoting myself here but that scenario I described there from the RBC Heritage on Friday that cost Varner III 2 strokes ended up costing him the tournament as he finished at -12, one stroke back and tied for 3rd.
    I missed when that happened, but eh? Who is to say he didn't do better than he would have, after that happened (got his butt in gear), or that he didn't have worse performance afterwards, as a result of that episode. You just never know. Could go either way. Just like when penalties or turnovers happen in football. I truly believe that they have an affect on a team's or player's performance after the event. Again, both bad "or" good. So looking at "one" event, in isolation as if nothing else changes as a result of that event, is just not that critical. He might have ended up at -10 if it had never happened. If it had happened on the back nine of round four, I could seriously understand. But he had lots of missed opportunities on Sat/Sun, as did other players.

Quote Originally Posted by ElCid View Post
    I missed when that happened, but eh? Who is to say he didn't do better than he would have, after that happened (got his butt in gear), or that he didn't have worse performance afterwards, as a result of that episode. You just never know. Could go either way. Just like when penalties or turnovers happen in football. I truly believe that they have an affect on a team's or player's performance after the event. Again, both bad "or" good. So looking at "one" event, in isolation as if nothing else changes as a result of that event, is just not that critical. He might have ended up at -10 if it had never happened. If it had happened on the back nine of round four, I could seriously understand. But he had lots of missed opportunities on Sat/Sun, as did other players.
    Well, yeah. But it sounds better the way I said it.

Pride of the Western Plain

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    The Citadel

Well, yeah. But it sounds better the way I said it.

You are right!
    FIRE THOSE CANNONS!

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Delaware

Well it looks like a lot of things will be changing at Orlando Disney

paying full taxes for one

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Milktruck74 View Post
    My Daughters school is a D3 program with a completely student run production of all FB/MBB/WBB games, including on air talent, is far superior to many of the SoCon Schools productions. They do everything streaming through their own website, and only use 3 camera angles, but it is very well put together. I get that most are student run/led, but that is no excuse for much of what we see on the plus...
    I know you were commenting on the poor quality of espn+ broadcasts but it makes me say I actually like a student run production more. You KNOW beforehand that the kids aren't going to get every play right, the camera work will be sloppy, and they are there to LEARN how to do the media thing usually on a low to no budget.

But what I LOVE is their reactions to big plays. They are honest and at times loud and say what they are feeling. Usually the same things that those in the stands are thinking and experiencing. That is awesome to me.

There was a time when I was on a work job and could only listen to the games via radio, student run and led radio. It was like an epic story telling session. If you ever have to miss watching a game then listening to it can be an adventure. Especially if it's students who are narrating! Love it!
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.

My Team
    Chattanooga

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    I know you were commenting on the poor quality of espn+ broadcasts but it makes me say I actually like a student run production more. You KNOW beforehand that the kids aren't going to get every play right, the camera work will be sloppy, and they are there to LEARN how to do the media thing usually on a low to no budget.

But what I LOVE is their reactions to big plays. They are honest and at times loud and say what they are feeling. Usually the same things that those in the stands are thinking and experiencing. That is awesome to me.

There was a time when I was on a work job and could only listen to the games via radio, student run and led radio. It was like an epic story telling session. If you ever have to miss watching a game then listening to it can be an adventure. Especially if it's students who are narrating! Love it!
    Yeah, the kid that just graduated was named Noah Syversen. He was awesome. He has you great youtube moments doing the MAcon Bacon baseball team during the last summer.
    I STILL HATE MARSHALL!​ Every time I see that movie, I root for Xavier!!!!!!!

AGS FCS Champion

Not every broadcast crew on the plus kills it like they do in the 61455 with the Long Island sound of Kevin Michael Thomas Dieppa and Handsome Marvin Ransom.

I believe it's a Coach Prime line "If you look good you feel good and if you feel good you play good"... goes for broadcasters too!
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 9-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

The Nickelback of AGS

My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Not every broadcast crew on the plus kills it like they do in the 61455 with the Long Island sound of Kevin Michael Thomas Dieppa and Handsome Marvin Ransom.

I believe it's a Coach Prime line "If you look good you feel good and if you feel good you play good"... goes for broadcasters too!
    Boy Oh Boy this never gets old, yea, this kind of stuff does wonders for the FCS brand.
    “What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms.”– Thomas Jefferson