Quote Originally Posted by dewey View Post
I hope NDSU doesn't move to FBS. My main complaint against going to the FBS is....What are you trying to win at the end of the year? A National Championship or some crappie bowl game?

To me FBS kills regional rivalry games.
To me FBS kills any chance of adding more National Championship banner.
To me FBS kills the ayoff environment at the Fargodome.
To me FBS doesn't mean NDSU will automatically get games against the Big10, Big12 or MAC.
To me FBS means more road games at locations that are flights only.

I think FBS is a pride issue only and isn't a logical choice for NDSU.

Dewey
Regarding National Championships, 6 of your 9 national championship opponents are headed to FBS. 18 of the last 23 FCS national champions are either NDSU or teams in or headed to FBS. At some point does the playoffs feel watered down and not as fun? I get loving the FCS playoffs and easier road trips but to me that FCS that I really liked just doesn't exist anymore. I hate that we have to play in a subdivision we share with the Alabamas and Ohio States in order to be with peers, but it is what it is.

Pretty much every non-P5 team gets P5 games when they want them, and the paychecks are bigger. And if you want to see an environment you haven't seen in a long time in the Fargo Dome if you've ever seen it, get a P5 team to come to your stadium like many G5 teams get.