Thread: G'town Scrimmage

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

G'town Scrimmage

Attended G'towns first scrimmage of the year and got a chance to see all the construction. :eek: No seating at all yet. Their first two games are on the road so they have a month to get the temporary bleachers up. Met up with LBPop and he said they've had the earth moving machines running almost non-stop. They've got a lot of work to do before they ever break ground on the permanent stands and facilities.

The scrimmage was pretty much normal for early season, the defense performed better than the offense for most of the day. Passing really struggled, but there were a couple of nice routes. I was disappointed that their 6'8" receiver didn't get any action (at least none I saw). QB's looked capable, RB's all looked small. Neither line was huge, but seemed quick. LB's and DB's were also very quick to the ball. Amazing that even in the first scrimmage there was quite a bit of intensity shown by some of the players.

I took a lot of pics and will try to get a couple up here. The one below shows the practice on the new field and the bleacher in the top right from the old football field about 100 feet above.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Warmup.jpg