Quote Originally Posted by aceinthehole View Post
That's not 100% accurate. First, LIU is the NEC and Harford is the AE, so you're mixing 2 examples.

I can't speak for the America East revenue distribution process, but I'm quite certain in the NEC, the school that represents the league in the Tournament gets a small "bonus" amount. As an example, let's assume the NEC is distributing approx. $1M in NCAA revenue to the members. Each of the 10 NEC members schools would get $100k, but the team that that went to the NCAAs (this year it was Mount St. Mary's) would get an "extra" $10,000. Again, it is not a lot of money, but it is a financial reward for winning the league.

Also, while the NEC does distribute its NCAA revenues to its members schools like a dividend, I think that it does keep some money off the top for conference operations. Otherwise, league members are paying annual dues to the conference for operations, which is basically deducted from their NCAA revenue distribution.
The NCAA asks each conference to equally distribute among the conference members. The A10 (and WCC for Gonzaga's shares) are the only conferences that I am aware of that do not distribute equally.

Are you talking about the travel party fund? If so, that would not be money for the school because it is only used to cover admin expenses. Some of the lower budget conferences give a small sum of money to fund the travel for the administration to go to the championship. The NCAA covers all the team travel but that doesn't include the others that schools like to send to the championship like the President and development officers to use the event as a fundraiser. That money only covers expenses at the event and isn't additional money to the school. If that's what you're talking about.

I made a mistake with Long Island and the NEC, I saw the CCSU logo while writing and made a mistake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dane96 View Post
They are in the AE, not in the NEC...and that's not how the AE doles out their shares. They make more money...though it is not a huge amount more...it's definitely more.
See comment above.