Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

LaTech Tommy McCelland is a special type of POS

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Re: LaTech Tommy McCelland is a special type of POS

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog View Post
    Why is he a POS? He is intending to follow the contract and pay $500k (assuming that is the buyout amount for the game)? Especially when La Tech probably doesn't have to because of the pandemic.

I bet NDSU and a lot of other schools are not getting anything for their cancelled games.

Edit....Thanks to cx for the explanation that La Tech is trying to get Prairie View A&M to pay La Tech. I missed that. My mistake.

Dewey
    Last edited by dewey; July 25th, 2020 at 11:09 AM.
    Proud supporter of the North Dakota State University Bison.

17 time National Champions

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by dewey View Post
    Why is he a POS? He is intending to follow the contract and pay $500k (assuming that is the buyout amount for the game)? Especially when La Tech probably doesn't have to because of the pandemic.

I bet NDSU and a lot of other schools are not getting anything for their cancelled games.

Dewey
    No, he is going after Prairie View for the $500K because Prairie View cancelled the game (and season.) This opens a whole can of worms with the Pac 12, Big 10 etc., that are only cancelling OOC games.
    Funnier than no one, loser at smack

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by cx500d View Post
    No, he is going after Prairie View for the $500K because Prairie View cancelled the game (and season.) This opens a whole can of worms with the Pac 12, Big 10 etc., that are only cancelling OOC games.
    Ahh. Ok. I now understand. It was not clear to me from reading the tweet. Prairie View A&M should be able to win that battle because of the pandemic. I thought i had heard before that theses NCAA game contracts have some sort of 'act of God' clause in the contract.

Dewey

The Nickelback of AGS

My Team
    North Dakota State

Ahh. Ok. I now understand. It was not clear to me from reading the tweet. Prairie View A&M should be able to win that battle because of the pandemic. I thought i had heard before that theses NCAA game contracts have some sort of 'act of God' clause in the contract.

Dewey
    What is your opinion on schools playing conference games but cancelling the OOC games, should they pay, ****ing right they should.
    “What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms.”– Thomas Jefferson

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by POD Knows View Post
    What is your opinion on schools playing conference games but cancelling the OOC games, should they pay, ****ing right they should.

I think they certainly are more liable than schools that cancel a whole season. I think they are more likely to get covid from playing their huge school conference teams that smaller FCS schools with smaller teams, smaller staffs, and usually smaller student populations. To me, it seems like they are just trying to get out of their "pay the money" games since they will not have as much revenue coming in to cover it.

That said, I think if FCS schools start going after BCS schools for cancellation fees, they will probably be blackballed later.
    Funnier than no one, loser at smack

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by POD Knows View Post
    I personally don't think host schools should have to pay a buyout for canceling a game because of the pandemic even if they have conference games.

Dewey

The Nickelback of AGS

My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by cx500d View Post
    These schools that are only cancelling OOC games need to pay the **** up. If they can play conference games, they can play OOC games and this excuse about no "control" over covid at schools that are out of conference or some travel BS is just that, BS. **** em, write a check.
    “What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms.”– Thomas Jefferson

Dewey

So far, four other nonconference games involving Louisiana schools have been canceled: Tulane's Sept. 12 game against the Big Ten's Northwestern; Nicholls State's Sept. 5 game against the SWAC's Mississippi Valley State; and Louisiana Tech and Northwestern State's separate games against Prairie View, another SWAC member.

Nicholls State, Louisiana Tech and Northwestern State were scheduled to pay their SWAC opponents a total of $462,500, but the league's move to play football in the spring doesn't necessarily mean that payments won't be made.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...0f9d6b102.html