Quote Originally Posted by walliver View Post
Wofford, as well as Clemson and The Citadel, have long-term deals with USC and Clemson.
This year's game was supposed to be the last game for Wofford and USC, primarily since Muschamp is not a fan of the option, but I believe that contract has been extended. When you have guaranteed local P5 money games lined up for the future, you probably don't want to rock the boat.

The reality is that the P5 will be playing this fall for TV (ABC, CBS, ESPN, SEC network, ACC network, etc). Only a handful of OOC games will bring in the TV ratings - P5 vs FCS will not.
The NCAA also risks, though, making it look like they are just in it for the money.

If you are concerned with COVID enough not to play Wofford, but are willing to play Clemson, I'm not sure how you don't make the argument that money is the driving factor.

If I had to wager, the most reasonable solution may be to take some sort of payout from the P5 school with a guarantee to play again at some date in the future.

An older colleague I once worked with would often quip, "I don't see many problems that cash can't solve."