Quote Originally Posted by favorite football fan View Post
Addressing concerns about "black players" as you suggest: And what are these concerns? (heck, even asking this would signal that I am an uncaring person who is out-of-touch or tone-deaf" to the plight and/or struggle.) but since you brought up the comment, I hope I am safe for simply asking for a clarification of what you stated as: The feelings and things that black folks go through

Let's start there so we all know what to answer to and how to answer. And since we are living in fear of saying the wrong thing, you tell us what these concerns are and how to properly respond.

But let's take a shot at this and see how close I am;
a. if it is police brutality or police over-reach; if you do not answer this in the correct way, the PC culture will get you which is political; you have to answer in the manner that is prescribed and what is socially acceptable;
a1: defund the police? whoa, better answer that correctly;
b. if it is institutional racism; if you do not answer this in the correct way, the PC Robespierre's will hang you out to dry which is political;
c. if it is about statutes of old white guys who were once in the confederacy; again, if you do not answer this in the correct way, you will lose your job;
d. if it is about black lives matter; oh man, answer the wrong way and you too will be the recipient of a public stoning and doxxing and this is political; a sportscaster lost his job/forced to resign because he stated that "all lives matter."
e. say you voted Republican, better walk the plank as we know that 90% of, how you say it "black folks" vote democrat, this means that anyone who votes this way i.e. Republican is instantly a nazi and a racist. That is political.
f. and if a student-athlete who is black wants to kneel at the anthem in protest to police brutality, yes, this is political because anytime you do something that is construed under your First Amendment rights, you have entered the realm of politics.

But tell us what are these concerns and let's start there.
not knowing about the concerns of black americans, or black athletes in particular, does indeed make you out of touch. as you stated at the top of your post. try watching something besides OAN once in a while, you might learn something.