Thread: 2019 AGS PLAYOFF PICK'EM CONTEST (Round 1)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    FCS Champion
    My Team
    Montana

2019 AGS PLAYOFF PICK'EM CONTEST (Round 1)

ROUND ONE PICKS: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

It's finally that time of year again! The 2019 FCS Playoffs are upon us. This will once again be a pick'em contest, rather than a one-time bracket submission. Yes, brackets are fun, but they're so very much work on my end. AND, someone can just submit a bracket today, disappear for the month, and still win this contest. We need CLICKS on this website, man! Poor ursus needs a quality shelter for winter hibernation!

However, there will be a slight change this year starting in the round of 8. From that point, you will be predicting not just the quarterfinals, but also the semis and championship.

Here is the link for the picks for Round 1: https://forms.gle/aP2qbrt6j8F4cvqF9

I know it has become a staple in my pick'em challenges the last couple years, but there will be no bonus questions. At least not for this week. The scoring margin usage this year should be enough to separate the monarchs from the serfs.

Scoring:
    10 points for every correct pick.
    Bonus structure:
    If less than 1/2 correctly picked game, 2.5 extra points.
    If less than 1/3, 5 extra
    Less than 1/5, 7.5 extra
    Less than 1/10, 10 extra

Deduction structure.
    Your score will be deducted by 0.1 for each 1 point your score is off from the predicted margin of victory. That's only if you predict the correct winner. Any incorrect prediction will be worth 0 points.

I apologize if this doesn't make sense. I waited until the very last minute to think this up, haha.

Scoring procedure (Scoring will be different this season. I still need to debate what I want to do. This will be updated before the first game. However, you will be rewarded for picking upsets. (Or at least having correctly picked a game less than 50% picked.) Of course, sometimes there are no upsets. (See the 2nd round last season.) There will be a couple prizes. You get like a banner below your name, and then also something of additional worth. To earn those, you need to be a consistent poster/user on here. I think we've set the minimum at 100 posts in the past. However ANYBODY with a profile can participate. You can still win bragging rights as a prize and nothing chaps the ass of a full year poster quite like a Novemberist coming in and beating them at one of their games!

GAME ON.

OH I forgot. If you submit picks, please say so in this thread! That will keep this on the front page so every one can see. Also, that will allow me to review who has entered the contest! Thank you!
    Last edited by MTfan4life; November 30th, 2019 at 01:59 PM.