I expect there to be a lot of movement in these power rankings as the season goes on. So many teams in flux (What is Wofford, anyway?), and the weirdness of the early season schedule. I expect a lot of surprises, including some teams currently in the bottom half of knocking off some in the top half.

In other words, I expect chaos.

I'm very ready for Furman to play its SoCon schedule. I think they have the pieces to win the SoCon, but I'm not as confident as some other posters here. We have one lopsided victory that was supposed to be lopsided, and we hung tough with two bottom-half FBS teams. It's really hard to know what to take from those games. Clay's first two seasons were slow starts (tough schedules, QB injuries notwithstanding) followed by furious rallies once SoCon play started. This is the first season that we've looked strong-ish coming out of the gate. Hopefully they can keep the momentum.

The Citadel is my #1 until we see how Furman does with Mercer Saturday. If Furman performs well and wins, I'll feel really good about their chances going forward. Otherwise, Citadel's 1-2 record is a little bit more impressive than Furman's 1-2 record at the moment.