Quote Originally Posted by SU DOG View Post
Congrats JSU on an unbelievable comeback win. You can't count out a FCS team that has more of a very good G5 player talent level, and JSU definitely seems to stockpile that every year. I'm a Samford fan, who would love to see our support be maybe one-third that of the Gamecocks. Having said that, however, I have a question for the JSUers. IMO, the attendance listed as almost 21,000 for the game yesterday is a joke. No - folks in suites, boxes, standing areas, or whatever, wouldn't come close to that figure, in counting actual attendance. Even season ticket sales when added wouldn't add up to that number discrepancy. Now it was a good crowd, but I'm just curious to know what I'm missing here? The video cameras don't lie.
With 30-45 minutes to go before kickoff there was a 30-minute lightning delay, and the announcer asked fans to clear the stands. Most of the die-hards took a look at the sky and/or the weather radar on their smartphones, knew the weather was already on its way out and stayed put. Some of the more casual fans who’d already had their tickets scanned, though, probably decided to ditch the game and find something else to do for the evening.