Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    AGS FCS Champion

Re: UWGB in early discussions about football addition

Quote Originally Posted by Mike296 View Post
    Recent state law changes prevents Madison from having a say in the matter and I think it’d be a great thing to have another D1 football school in Wisconsin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If that’s correct, WI will be fascinating to watch what happens with the UW system schools. I wonder if they start talking with a Whitewater/Marquette/Oshkosh about starting a program/moving up divisions as a part of their study. At minimum I would think a couple of their DIII schools look at bumping up to DII.

I don't drink anymore. I don't necessarily drink any less either, though.

I am ED. #FEARME
    Go Big, Go Blue, Go JACKS!

AGS Circle of Influence Member

What would you know?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Playoff records of teams I follow since 1991:Twins: 6-22 (.214)
    UNI: 20-16 (.556)Vikings: 7-14 (.333)Wolves: 17-30 (.362)Wild: 25-43 (.367)
    Combined 75-125 (.375) 0 Titles
    Yet people wonder why I'm jaded about sports....

AGS FCS Champion

Boot UND out of the Summit and Valley and give us these guys instead.

2011, '12, '13, '14 '15 '17 & '18 National Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
    If that’s correct, WI will be fascinating to watch what happens with the UW system schools. I wonder if they start talking with a Whitewater/Marquette/Oshkosh about starting a program/moving up divisions as a part of their study. At minimum I would think a couple of their DIII schools look at bumping up to DII.

No news on Whitewater or Oshkosh going D2 but Parkside is having a study done as to if it’s feasible for them to start a program. UWM has a club team but I’m not sure there’s the infrastructure for a D1 school there like there is in GB. Marquette has said previously that football is not a sport that is on their mind right now because as they have the same issues as UWM, there’s nowhere for a stadium and they wouldn’t have a conference to go to for football.

This member was formerly known as Killamike259

Quote Originally Posted by Mike296 View Post
    No news on Whitewater or Oshkosh going D2 but Parkside is having a study done as to if it’s feasible for them to start a program. UWM has a club team but I’m not sure there’s the infrastructure for a D1 school there like there is in GB. Marquette has said previously that football is not a sport that is on their mind right now because as they have the same issues as UWM, there’s nowhere for a stadium and they wouldn’t have a conference to go to for football.

Marquette, GB, UWM, Whitewater, Oshkosh, Butler, Drake. There's your FB conference.

The Imagine Dragons of AGS

Quote Originally Posted by PAllen View Post
    Marquette, GB, UWM, Whitewater, Oshkosh, Butler, Drake. There's your FB conference.
    I'd add WIU as they are financially in a tough spot and going non-scholly would help them out with cost of travel for all sports immediately being a bus trip (UWGB would be 402 miles, longest trip). This would get them to 8 and if they wanted to get to 9 consider Augustana and they would have a full football schedule.

-The Sconie schools are all travel partners

-WIU would partner with the Sconie schools as well as Drake (215) and to a lesser extent, Butler (260 miles)

-While Augustana would be an outlier in the conference, if getting to 9 is the goal, they would be a potential add and considering only 4 schools would travel there each year, (Augustana is not hard up for money so they would be more than fine with the travel), they could make them a solid offer.

-Each of these schools will be getting offers from B1G almost every year to play for a money game that would cover most travel expenses for the year (smaller amounts due to bus travel) and most likely a smaller money game from the MVFC/MAC and then they could buy a D2 game from the GLIAC/GLVC to give these schools 5 home games a year or try to get 6 and buy a 2nd home game from the NEC/Pioneer for those more "endowed", even on years where there is no 12 game season.
    TheKingpin28 is "Nothing but an emotional fair weather fan." - Bisonwinagn

"There's a lot of people more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right" - Alexandria 'Sandy' Ocasio-Cortez, the new queen of the left.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingpin28 View Post
    I'd add WIU as they are financially in a tough spot and going non-scholly would help them out with cost of travel for all sports immediately being a bus trip (UWGB would be 402 miles, longest trip). This would get them to 8 and if they wanted to get to 9 consider Augustana and they would have a full football schedule.

-The Sconie schools are all travel partners

-WIU would partner with the Sconie schools as well as Drake (215) and to a lesser extent, Butler (260 miles)

-While Augustana would be an outlier in the conference, if getting to 9 is the goal, they would be a potential add and considering only 4 schools would travel there each year, (Augustana is not hard up for money so they would be more than fine with the travel), they could make them a solid offer.

-Each of these schools will be getting offers from B1G almost every year to play for a money game that would cover most travel expenses for the year (smaller amounts due to bus travel) and most likely a smaller money game from the MVFC/MAC and then they could buy a D2 game from the GLIAC/GLVC to give these schools 5 home games a year or try to get 6 and buy a 2nd home game from the NEC/Pioneer for those more "endowed", even on years where there is no 12 game season.
    Add Parkside to that list too if they start a football team. Solid D2 program already that could make the D1 jump in all other sports.

This member was formerly known as Killamike259