Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FCS Draft Picks

Re: FCS Draft Picks

Only four drafted through 163 picks. By this point last year, there were 13 FCS drafted through as many picks.

This is just sad. It's almost exclusively P5.

It looks like two D2 players were drafted as well.

The Imagine Dragons of AGS

Easton went 166 to the Chargers. Heir apparent to Rivers?
    TheKingpin28 is "Nothing but an emotional fair weather fan." - Bisonwinagn

"There's a lot of people more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right" - Alexandria 'Sandy' Ocasio-Cortez, the new queen of the left.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingpin28 View Post
    Easton went 166 to the Chargers. Heir apparent to Rivers?
    As good of a spot as any. No pressure to sit behind a likely future HOFer for a couple years. Rivers never gets hurts though (started 208 straight games) and is one stubborn SOB so he may be one to hang on like Favre did (minus the painkiller addiction... I think). In any case Easton will get his shot to make it... that's all he can ask for.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 7-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    As good of a spot as any. No pressure to sit behind a likely future HOFer for a couple years. Rivers never gets hurts though (started 208 straight games) and is one stubborn SOB so he may be one to hang on like Favre did (minus the painkiller addiction... I think). In any case Easton will get his shot to make it... that's all he can ask for.
    Getting a chance to learn under one of the best of his generation in a truly explosive offense will give the Chargers a chance to see what he can do. Stick finally has more than 1 receiving target to throw to in this offense, (Allen, Benjamin, Williams, Henry, Ekler, Gordon) and can finally show what he can do when he is surrounded by more than just an elite o-line and RB core. It will be between him and Jones to make that 3rd QB spot, but I would not be surprised if the Chargers keep him as they do not want to run into the problem that Broncos ran into when they let Kyle Sloter go to waivers.

"There's a lot of people more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right" - Alexandria 'Sandy' Ocasio-Cortez, the new queen of the left.

Only five players drafted. The lowest this decade was 15. We're likely to set that record low.

The Nickelback of AGS

Attached Images Attached Images
    Any unauthorized use of the intellectual property of POD Knows without the express written consent of POD Knows will be met with the swift hand of justice as determined by POD Knows

Draft is done. My first post is updated with the complete list.
    Disappointing year for FCS and small school kids
    Sundown in the Paris of the prairie
    Wheat Kings have all their treasures buried

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingpin28 View Post
    Getting a chance to learn under one of the best of his generation in a truly explosive offense will give the Chargers a chance to see what he can do. Stick finally has more than 1 receiving target to throw to in this offense, (Allen, Benjamin, Williams, Henry, Ekler, Gordon) and can finally show what he can do when he is surrounded by more than just an elite o-line and RB core. It will be between him and Jones to make that 3rd QB spot, but I would not be surprised if the Chargers keep him as they do not want to run into the problem that Broncos ran into when they let Kyle Sloter go to waivers.
    Preseason will be big for him because most teams don't like to carry 3 QBs on the active roster and Tyrod Taylor is presumably the backup. I guess we'll see if the Chargers decide to keep a 3rd QB on the active roster or if they try to slip Stick onto the practice squad (meaning he would have to clear waivers). I'd think that he has the definite inside track to beating Cardale Jones, who's already 26 now, but he'll have to work for that as well I'm sure. There's no guarantees at that level for a mid-late round draft pick.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 7-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Preseason will be big for him because most teams don't like to carry 3 QBs on the active roster and Tyrod Taylor is presumably the backup. I guess we'll see if the Chargers decide to keep a 3rd QB on the active roster or if they try to slip Stick onto the practice squad (meaning he would have to clear waivers). I'd think that he has the definite inside track to beating Cardale Jones, who's already 26 now, but he'll have to work for that as well I'm sure. There's no guarantees at that level for a mid-late round draft pick.
    While Rivers has one more year and then will turn 38, I doubt he makes it to 40. Ideally, you want your QB to get at least 1, potentially 2 years to learn the system before they are entrusted to do the job (barring of course, a player who is deemed to be "generational"), so I'd have to think the Chargers would want to keep a guy who is 4 years younger than Jones, so I'd have to think, as you said, has the inside track for the #3 spot. If he has a decent to solid pre-season, I believe the Chargers will see the writing on the wall about not being able to stash him on the practice squad and have to keep him on the roster. I'm glad he is going to get a chance and who knows, if it all works out, one could see him starting for the bolts in 1-3 years.

I saw Bruce Anderson was going to Tampa. It must be as an UDFA.