Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Top FCS Advocate The Boogie Down's Avatar

Better chance of covering the spread; ND State football or ND State hoops?

I saw where Duke will be about a 30 point favorite against ND State this Friday. I figure Clemson would also be about a 30 point favorite against ND State if they ever matched up on the gridiron. So if that contest were to ever happen, which game do you guys think would be closer?
    Top-20 FBS Rankings: 1935, 1936, 1937, 1938, 1939, 1940, 1941

Top-20 FCS Rankings: 2002, 2007, 2013, 2014, 2015

The Nickelback of AGS

Re: Better chance of covering the spread; ND State football or ND State hoops?

Quote Originally Posted by The Boogie Down View Post
    I saw where Duke will be about a 30 point favorite against ND State this Friday. I figure Clemson would also be about a 30 point favorite against ND State if they ever matched up on the gridiron. So if that contest were to ever happen, which game do you guys think would be closer?
    Football and not even close, I would actually expect us to win, not kidding. That would be the expectation, probably wouldn't happen but that would be the mind set. Insane as it is, that would be the game face. We have no chance chance against Duke in MBB, none, hoping for a moral victory.
    Any unauthorized use of the intellectual property of POD Knows without the express written consent of POD Knows will be met with the swift hand of justice as determined by POD Knows

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by POD Knows View Post
    Football and not even close, I would actually expect us to win, not kidding. That would be the expectation, probably wouldn't happen but that would be the mind set. Insane as it is, that would be the game face. We have no chance chance against Duke in MBB, none, hoping for a moral victory.
    Are you calling a #BookIt on a Duke victory Friday night???

But yes, the answer is Bison football would hang much closer to Clemson football than Bison basketball likely will to Duke basketball.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 7-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

The Nickelback of AGS

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Are you calling a #BookIt on a Duke victory Friday night???
    I just don't want anybody to get hurt. The difference between us and Duke, on the court, will be startling. There isn't enough #bookit karma in the world to keep this close and on that you can #bookit
    Last edited by POD Knows; March 20th, 2019 at 09:57 PM.
    Any unauthorized use of the intellectual property of POD Knows without the express written consent of POD Knows will be met with the swift hand of justice as determined by POD Knows

My real name is Bisontownmocks

Football.....by miles. This NDSU basketball team has already overachieved this season...but we might want to shield our eyes Friday night.
    BisonFan02 Trophy Case:

"Concern ****s with you.......at first."
    -Ursus staring at Grizo's limp carcass on the ground

Quote Originally Posted by POD Knows View Post
    This.

A football game against a Clemson or Alabama would at least be competitive for a half. This BB game against Duke will be over after 5 minutes.

I assume Duke is still wearing Nike shoes ... so there's always a chance the entire Duke starting 5 could experience a debilitating wardrobe malfunction in the first minute of game .... too soon ??

NDSU could beat Duke in football, maybe even by 15+. Duke is a mediocre P5, in basketball though Duke wins by 30 at a minimum.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by JacksFan40 View Post
    NDSU could beat Duke in football, maybe even by 15+. Duke is a mediocre P5, in basketball though Duke wins by 30 at a minimum.
    I see that you were taught great reading comprehension down in South Dakota.

2011, '12, '13, '14 '15 '17 & '18 National Champions

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post
    I see that you were taught great reading comprehension down in South Dakota.
    I probably should’ve paid better attention, but oh well.