Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Villanova @ Colgate 8/24 Time TBD

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Lehigh/Temple/DePaul/Kansas State

Re: Villanova @ Colgate 8/24 Time TBD

Quote Originally Posted by MR. CHICKEN View Post
    .......WAS DIS SKED...UH RESULT...O'.....COLLEGE SKANDAL.......ROCKIN' HOLLYWOOD...........DAT'S MO' COOKIES.......DAN COOKIE MONSTER COOD DEVOUR..........BRAWK!
    We'll see what turning the page from Coen's unfortunate situation to a new staff does for Lehigh. They have traditionally given 'Nova fits but almost always failed to seal the deal. I'll be disappointed if this year's game is not close.

'Nova has flat-out owned the PL. It makes their relationship with UD look mutual. I think HC in '87 and Lehigh in '06 are their only PL losses.
    Temple B.B.A., DePaul M.Ed., Kansas State Ph.D. (in progress) & Lehigh Blood! Go Mountain Hawks!

AGS FCS Master
    My Team
    New Hampshire

Quote Originally Posted by Gangtackle11 View Post
    It’s doubtful that Nova will be as “talented” as the past 2 disappointing 5-6 teams under Ferrante. Mainly because we have a huge question mark at QB.
    I think you had a question mark with Bednarczyk at QB since Robertson went down mid-season 2015. The two Villanova games I've seen start to finish in that era were the lackluster loss in a must win game vs JMU in 2015 and the failure to show up at home vs UNH last season. So my opinion could be a bit skewed.
    I look at Carbone from Stony Brook the same way. Guys that are just good enough to keep starting, but not good enough to win many of the big games even with a great deal of talent on the field with them.
    "Knowledge is Good" Emil Faber

Quote Originally Posted by CenMEBlackBearFan View Post
    Holy crap is Colgate trying to make a statement by playing 3 CAA teams the first 4 games of the year??? Hosting Nova 8/24, at W&M on 9/14 and hosting Maine on 9/21 and playing at Air Force on 8/31. That is a tough start for sure.
    Is there a reason why you stopped there?

It's not like game #5 is a breather for Colgate...

With the ongoing troubles in the PL, the schedule is front loaded.
    Georgetown: "We play where we do not compete, and compete where we do not play."

FCS Champion
    My Team
    Villanova

Quote Originally Posted by KPSUL View Post
    I think you had a question mark with Bednarczyk at QB since Robertson went down mid-season 2015. The two Villanova games I've seen start to finish in that era were the lackluster loss in a must win game vs JMU in 2015 and the failure to show up at home vs UNH last season. So my opinion could be a bit skewed.
    I look at Carbone from Stony Brook the same way. Guys that are just good enough to keep starting, but not good enough to win many of the big games even with a great deal of talent on the field with them.
    ZB was a solid QB when healthy. The 2015 JMU was a 20-10 loss in which he didn’t play well, but he did have a 50+ TD run in that game. He with the rest of his teammates were MIA vs. UNH. The word on the street he was still hurt. He was very accurate most games, could scramble, & wound up in the top 5 in the conference in most statistics & was top 10 all-time Nova statistically. He wasn’t a star, but he was pretty good when healthy.
    "\\V// for Villanova. \\V// for Victory."
    2009 National Champions
    1989/1991 Yankee Conference Champions
    1997/2001 Atlantic 10 Champions
    2009/2012/2021/2023 CAA Champions
    D1-AA Playoffs: 1989,1991,1992,1996,1997,2002
    FCS Playoffs: 2008,2009,2010,2012,2014,2016,2019,2021, 2023
    3 Walter Payton Award Winners

FCS EGG-HOLE
    My Team
    DELAWARE

Quote Originally Posted by Gangtackle11;2760269[B
    ]ZB was a solid QB when healthy[/B]. The 2015 JMU was a 20-10 loss in which he didn’t play well, but he did have a 50+ TD run in that game. He with the rest of his teammates were MIA vs. UNH. The word on the street he was still hurt. He was very accurate most games, could scramble, & wound up in the top 5 in the conference in most statistics & was top 10 all-time Nova statistically. He wasn’t a star, but he was pretty good when healthy.

.....HE WAS BRITTLE...AS BALSA WOOD......ALWAYS SEEMED TA RECOVER....IN TIME FO' YOU-DEE.........AN'....YER KICKERS....UNDERMINED.......HIS CAREER.......BRAWK!

Quote Originally Posted by Go Green View Post
    Is there a reason why you stopped there?

It's not like game #5 is a breather for Colgate...
    Lots of brutal schedules in the Patriot League in 2019. Holy Cross has Syracuse, UNH and Navy. Bucknell has Temple and Nova. Lafayette has 2 CAA schools and Princeton.

Nearly all of us have multiple CAA games, FBS games and really good Ivy opponents. The leagues OOC record will be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Franks Tanks View Post
    Lots of brutal schedules in the Patriot League in 2019. Holy Cross has Syracuse, UNH and Navy. Bucknell has Temple and Nova. Lafayette has 2 CAA schools and Princeton.

Nearly all of us have multiple CAA games, FBS games and really good Ivy opponents. The leagues OOC record will be bad.
    This is what we signed up for when we went schollie, other than the "bad" part. Schedules aren't brutal (other than HC, what were they thinking scheduling both Navy & Cuse), we should just compete with the Ivies & CAA and stop whining about it.