Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: School Specific Message Boards

Re: School Specific Message Boards

Agreed, this format is one of the best and Ursus and the gang do a pretty good job of keeping things reasonable.

My Team
    North Dakota State

Yep. The format here is very user friendly.
    It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

Opportunity is unattainable for most people because it is disguised as hard work!!

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

First Class FCS Ruler BucBisonAtLarge's Avatar

Bucknell has a well-used message board at (of course) basketball-u.com. For those of us waving the flag for Bison football it is a useful place to get a broader group alumni, parents and townies to read up on the football program.

My Team
    Furman

Quote Originally Posted by SCPALADIN View Post
    http://gopaladins.com/

The (somewhat) new and improved UFFP....still chugging away since 1996.
    welcome Furman fans (and others) anytime !!! Good even-keeled discussion. No real azz hol stuff.

FCS Expert
    My Team
    Temple, Lehigh, Lafayette, Penn, Villanova

Lehigh: https://www.lehighsportsforum.com/vi...83791d24591e50

Lafayette: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/lafayettesports/

Both the Lehigh and Lafayette boards have a relatively small number of regular posters (I'm an infrequent reader/poster at both), and a handful of those regular posters also post here regularly (and for the most part, also here more frequently, especially the Lehigh fans).

I'm probably on more sports message boards (and general message boards that have sports pages, like city-forum.com) than most people on here, mainly because Division I-AA/FCS football isn't my primary college football interest (and college football is far from my primary sports interest). (I've never been shy about sharing my 2 cents.) The quality of the various boards I'm on really varies, as does the size of the user community. The pro sports boards I'm on or have been on, like the Philadelphia Eagles official message board on the Eagles' website, have tons and tons of posters, especially in-season. Quality-wise, they really run the gamut.

Regarding specific board, the free Temple message board at 247 Sports is not very good IMO because there are relatively few posters and some of them like to insult other posters, especially when there are discussions about the pros and cons of an on-campus stadium or about recently retired Temple head basketball coach Fran Dunphy (and those discussions happen A LOT and often seep into many threads). Philaphans.com (a Philadelphia sports board that primarily focuses on baseball) is another board where some posters (two posters in particular come to mind) tend to ruin everything; I used to post there a lot in the aughts (2000s) but haven't posted there (and have only visited there 2-3 times) since about 2011. Boards like backshegoes.com (a Phillies message board I used to post at relatively regularly but rarely post at or visit now) is extremely snarky, and the stat geeks who run that board and think they know everything about baseball (and who I think are book smart but real life dumb) don't like when people like me suggest a mix of analytics and gut feeling is the preferred mix. The 506 Sports forum (the site that posts weekly NFL TV coverage maps) is, as you'd expect with a group of people who care about sports TV broadcasts, is very geeky (many of the regular posters there put me to shame, which is scary) and has a high percentage of know-it-alls, albeit many of those know-it-alls only act that way in their "specialty area", like Division I-A college football rankings or putting together league-wide NFL mock schedules before the actual schedule is released in April. It is a fairly civilized board however, in many ways like this board. There are a handful of other boards I'm on periodically or used to be on that I haven't mentioned; most of them are relatively good if they have sufficient poster traffic.