Quote Originally Posted by Gangtackle11 View Post
I’ll check in 2-3 years and let u know if this was the #2 class.
One of 'Nova's top commits was a flip from Furman, Josh Slay. I'm not sure of his reasons for de-committing from the Paladins, though the writing seemed to be on the wall when he didn't sign in December.

Furman has had two other players the last two years de-commit and then sign with a CAA school (Hayden Mann - JMU and Jalen Greene - Elon). Mann is transferring from JMU after a single season and Greene looks like he'll be a career backup at at Elon. Both would probably be in the mix to be Furman's starting QB this season. Not a great track record on highly successful flips from Furman to this point.

Slay was an interesting case, though. He seemed very "in to" the process of being recruited. He noted in an interview that he liked Villanova because of its mix of athletics and academics, which is a peculiar thing to say when you already had committed to Furman (who, by the way, is arguably a better football team and whose men's basketball team had just beaten 'Nova in Philly).

These are just sour grapes from me, though. Furman managed to land a monster ILB in Josh Agbenou who mitigates some the loss of Slay, who is obviously talented. I would have liked to have had both, though.