Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    FCS Expert

Re: HERO'S Top 50 Recruiting Classes

Quote Originally Posted by MR. CHICKEN View Post
    ......INJURIES.....&.....SERIES UH.......PSYCHO- PARANOID KICKERS........NEED TA LOOK @ STRENGTH/CORNDITIONIN'............AN' RECRUIT IN HIGHSKOOLS.....NOT.......DA FUNNY FARM.......AWK!
    No Chicken or Human that roots for Delaware should be critical of a team that they can’t remember the last time they beat them.
    "\\V// for Villanova. \\V// for Victory."
    2009 National Champions
    1989/1991 Yankee Conference Champions
    1997/2001 Atlantic 10 Champions
    2009/2012 CAA Champions
    D1-AA Playoffs: 1989,1991,1992,1996,1997,2002
    FCS Playoffs: 2008,2009,2010,2012,2014,2016
    3 Walter Payton Award Winners

FCS Master

Quote Originally Posted by RootinFerDukes View Post
    I think Villanova has been highly ranked on theirs before? Meanwhile the past handful of seasons have been rough for VU.
    UNH is not ranked in any of the last 4 years of HERO Top FCS recruiting classes, actually, I'm not sure we have a single player in their top individual recruit listings. (I'm not interested enough to even look) Yet we managed to beat both of you last season! Enough said about the validity of the Hero Sports FCS top recruiting lists.
    "Knowledge is Good" Emil Faber

Quote Originally Posted by Panther88 View Post
    At this juncture, we have the BEST possible scenario at our conference helm (finally). Homegrown, lifelong, and hopefully has remained unscathed by that txa&m bcs culture. It sickens me viewing the status of the once no-named sec schools and now how powerful ($$$ and notoriety) they have become, primarily off the backs of our original recruiting area.

This gives me a glimmer of hope as some have not been bamboozled to believe the ice of others is colder than the ice of our conference members. One of our recently signed, he originally was a 4* recruit by specific "services" and then those same "services" lol dropped him to 3* once he STRONGLY verbal-committed to PVAMU. He chose PVAMU over: arkansas st, ball st, boston college, georga tech, uofh, indiana, kansas, kentucky, ull, la tech, nmsu, Nicholls St, s alabama, SELU, tx st, toledo, and troy.

Our primary mission is to be the elite FCS program in tx.
    This happens all the time when FBS recruited players sign with FCS schools; it's happened to Montana on at least one occasion I remember.
    Idaho * Portland State * Cal State-Fullerton * Eastern Washington * Nevada * Delaware * Southern Utah * Youngstown State * Hofstra * Montana State * North Dakota State * Western Illinois * Cal Poly * Massachusetts * Wofford * Northern Arizona * Coastal Carolina * Weber State * UC Davis *
    ...the only visiting teams to win in Washington-Grizzly Stadium

UofMMan1122: "We are officially the most badass state in the union. "

Quote Originally Posted by KPSUL View Post
    UNH is not ranked in any of the last 4 years of HERO Top FCS recruiting classes, actually, I'm not sure we have a single player in their top individual recruit listings. (I'm not interested enough to even look) Yet we managed to beat both of you last season! Enough said about the validity of the Hero Sports FCS top recruiting lists.
    Give us a top “not ready to play and throw 17 pick sixes” list and we’ll rank #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangtackle11 View Post
    I’ll check in 2-3 years and let u know if this was the #2 class.
    One of 'Nova's top commits was a flip from Furman, Josh Slay. I'm not sure of his reasons for de-committing from the Paladins, though the writing seemed to be on the wall when he didn't sign in December.

Furman has had two other players the last two years de-commit and then sign with a CAA school (Hayden Mann - JMU and Jalen Greene - Elon). Mann is transferring from JMU after a single season and Greene looks like he'll be a career backup at at Elon. Both would probably be in the mix to be Furman's starting QB this season. Not a great track record on highly successful flips from Furman to this point.

Slay was an interesting case, though. He seemed very "in to" the process of being recruited. He noted in an interview that he liked Villanova because of its mix of athletics and academics, which is a peculiar thing to say when you already had committed to Furman (who, by the way, is arguably a better football team and whose men's basketball team had just beaten 'Nova in Philly).

These are just sour grapes from me, though. Furman managed to land a monster ILB in Josh Agbenou who mitigates some the loss of Slay, who is obviously talented. I would have liked to have had both, though.
    FU all the time.

"The game we know and love literally grew up in the Southern Conference. To find the foundation for ACC and SEC football, you have to go the league’s roots. To find an appreciation for a brand of football often-overlooked and seldom-appreciated, we as fans should do the same."