Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    FCS Master

Re: HERO'S Top 50 Recruiting Classes

Quote Originally Posted by CenMEBlackBearFan View Post
    I went back 4 years and it looks like 2016 was the first year Hero rated recruiting classes and Maine never cracked the top 50 and yet finnished #4 in the country this past year, we did crack the top 50 this year at #46 Bottom line if you don't see your team in the top I wouldn't right this coming season off as a failure just yet.

Some interesting trends in the past 4 years, JSU in the top 10 each year, the Ivies rule in recruiting especially the Eli's, Nova near the top each year. It's fun to look at and guess Maine should be very fortunate to have the overall #2 recruit, anyone know much about him, Kolin Demens a LB from Michigan?
    He probably was asked to decommit from UCLA for academic reasons.
    "Knowledge is Good" Emil Faber

I see the purple panthers are using their lofty ranking as a promotional tool for their program. That's definitely something.
    Poster formerly named:
    Sioux

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastAggie View Post
    Hopefully, this includes a long snapper.
    Right lol. The same folk are returning. They were true freshmen last fall so they handled the adversity, considering. Iím sure they are practicing daily to perfect their craft.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by F'N Hawks View Post
    I see the purple panthers are using their lofty ranking as a promotional tool for their program. That's definitely something.
    They've earned it.
    Funnier than two other people

Quote Originally Posted by whoanellie View Post
    The folks at HERO really do a service to FCS football and do the most trying to decipher a lot of BS in the recruiting process. I kind of have my misgivings about all of the offers and recruiting offers from FBS & power-5 de-commits. It is an oxymoron with the Ivy's ranked when they do NOT participate in the division championships.
    I just know our roster is much stronger over the last two cycles.
    Thatís my one gripe about the rankings but itís not hero sportsí fault. You rank these ivyís so high, but in reality, weíll never know how good their recruiting classes are because they donít participate in the FCS playoffs to show how they really stack up nationally.

Quote Originally Posted by cx500d View Post
    Return?
    yep Look up William J. "Billy" Nicks
    PV was a beast back in the day
    You don't wanna
    go to WAR with a soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by RootinFerDukes View Post
    That’s my one gripe about the rankings but it’s not hero sports’ fault. You rank these ivy’s so high, but in reality, we’ll never know how good their recruiting classes are because they don’t participate in the FCS playoffs to show how they really stack up nationally.
    it also doesn't translate to NFL players ... I recall a coupole studies that came out a year or so ago. One highlighted how well the Ivy teams did with HS recruits. The other article demonstrated it in no way translated to NFL prospects drafter or on NFL rosters. So there's that ... I'll see if I can find tthe same info.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird 4th & short View Post
    it also doesn't translate to NFL players ... I recall a coupole studies that came out a year or so ago. One highlighted how well the Ivy teams did with HS recruits. The other article demonstrated it in no way translated to NFL prospects drafter or on NFL rosters. So there's that ... I'll see if I can find tthe same info.
    Is there a chance that some of the players that the Ivies get with P5/FBS offers really only have pwo offers with promises of academic scholarships?

Quote Originally Posted by RootinFerDukes View Post
    That’s my one gripe about the rankings but it’s not hero sports’ fault. You rank these ivy’s so high, but in reality, we’ll never know how good their recruiting classes are because they don’t participate in the FCS playoffs to show how they really stack up nationally.
    As a sidenote, Furman's Clay Hendrix said that most of Furman's recruiting battles this year were against the Ivy league teams and not the other SoCon schools.
    FU all the time.

"The game we know and love literally grew up in the Southern Conference. To find the foundation for ACC and SEC football, you have to go the leagueís roots. To find an appreciation for a brand of football often-overlooked and seldom-appreciated, we as fans should do the same."

Quote Originally Posted by GAD View Post
    yep Look up William J. "Billy" Nicks
    PV was a beast back in the day
    Too many do not know the factual history of the superior talent that came through PVAMU. Not only did we have a lock on the talent in texas but also westward into Cali as well.

ut-austin longhorns, txa&m aggies, et al texas current d-1 bcs busters couldn't stay w/in 50 points of PVAMU during that time lol.
    Nickels - "My "127.3 soaking wet" ass will meet you anytime. Come to Houston and send me a PM. We both know there aren't cops here to stop anything. Be a man and back it up. I'm near Yale and Rutland but I will meet your worthless black ass anywhere in the city.

edit - Yale and 27th. Near Rutland."