Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: 2019 Signing Class ... high hopes, whaddya got ?

Quote Originally Posted by Panther88 View Post
    Good lawd. Nothing else you said matters. THAT is the ONLY thing that matters ^^^^^^^^^^^^^. :-O
    Cats signed a guy who is currently 380, told coach he'd be about 340 for spring.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBeAR View Post
    FUBeAR, typically, is highly skeptical of any OLmen over 64 with no FBS offers, but I see a young man that likes to finish blocks, likes to run, and enjoys the game of Football on this video. Lists himself at 6-8 though. I found other info saying he is 7....68 looks more accurate. Hes all right though...from what I see here. Id sure as heck take a chance on him. Hes as good or better than a lot 6-5 guys I see signing. If youre going to sign a big galoot to play on your OL, why not sign the biggest galoot...and one that really looks like he wants to be a Player. Still probably can get speed rushed by...but the way he looks pulling, in some Os, he would be a nice OG.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3878874...9bf10c48fd128a
    Its looks like he is a better Guard than Tackle, despite not seeing much Pass Blocking from the big man.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by FUBeAR View Post
    Did you watch the vid? He looked as good (or better) pulling as a lot of the other ones Im seeing these days.
    He is going to set the pancake block record . Gonna be a load for someone on the D.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastAggie View Post
    It’s looks like he is a better Guard than Tackle, despite not seeing much Pass Blocking from the big man.
    My thoughts exactly. Have him run block til the cows come home.
    Washington State had a 6'9" guy just recently that made 2nd team All America at guard...he also had one of the all time nicknames "The Continent"
    Sundown in the Paris of the prairie
    Wheat Kings have all their treasures buried

Quote Originally Posted by Schism55 View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Have him run block til the cows come home.
    Washington State had a 6'9" guy just recently that made 2nd team All America at guard...he also had one of the all time nicknames "The Continent"
    ISUr has JR LT at 6'10" 315 lbs Drew Himmelman ... made Hero all american as SO (done by class) and MVFC all conference (2nd team).

Side note ... Himmelman played basketball and football in HS .. he was pretty good bball player, but was listed at 6'8" 225 lbs as HS SR (presumably fall 2015) ...he's put on 2 inches and 90 lbs in just over 3 years. He'll be a RS JR this fall ... NFL is watching his development - 2 year starter, and still got 2 years left ... very good footwork, long arms, and just a great frame for putting weight on.

AGS Circle of Influence Member

Washington State's O'Connell was 70 to 80 pounds smaller than this PSU kid. The ISUr kid is a century mark smaller than him. There's a lot of flexibility and movement that come with that difference in weight. Think of the agility difference between a player at 320 and then 250.

Maybe he's a mold breaker - figuratively and literally.

UNI signed a kid that was 6'7 350 or so 2 years ago. Kid didn't last a season because D1 ball (at least at UNI) doesn't let kids off the hook if they can't finish drills due to conditioning and shape issues
    Playoff records of teams I follow since 1991:Twins: 6-22 (.214)
    UNI: 20-16 (.556)Vikings: 7-14 (.333)Wolves: 17-30 (.362)Wild: 25-43 (.367)
    Combined 75-125 (.375) 0 Titles
    Yet people wonder why I'm jaded about sports....

AGS Circle of Influence Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird 4th & short View Post
    just a great frame for putting weight on.
    You're part of frame is a big part of it.

Look at the kid from Washington State

This is Himmelman

Krahn is built like.......Yokozuna

Trim him down to 360 somehow and I'll buy it.
    Playoff records of teams I follow since 1991:Twins: 6-22 (.214)
    UNI: 20-16 (.556)Vikings: 7-14 (.333)Wolves: 17-30 (.362)Wild: 25-43 (.367)
    Combined 75-125 (.375) 0 Titles
    Yet people wonder why I'm jaded about sports....

I posted a video of our signing class on the Offseason SLC thread. We have a mixture of incoming freshmen and transfers; mainly JUCO and a couple of FBS. Some will be ready to contribute quickly, others not...

We had a lot to fill on our lines, but we were deeper to start the Spring than last year and the ones we brought in should be able to pick up from there. We filled other spots in our defensive secondary and then running backs/receivers. We were already set at QB and special teams. I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of recruits moved to different positions as the Spring moves forward. Our biggest thing right now is not knowing who the new DC will be yet......
    "Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance." Samuel Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Outsider1 View Post
    I posted a video of our signing class on the Offseason SLC thread. We have a mixture of incoming freshmen and transfers; mainly JUCO and a couple of FBS. Some will be ready to contribute quickly, others not...

We had a lot to fill on our lines, but we were deeper to start the Spring than last year and the ones we brought in should be able to pick up from there. We filled other spots in our defensive secondary and then running backs/receivers. We were already set at QB and special teams. I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of recruits moved to different positions as the Spring moves forward. Our biggest thing right now is not knowing who the new DC will be yet......
    I keep hearing a rumor it may be Clint Brown, the current DC from South Dakota State.

Quote Originally Posted by clenz View Post
    You're part of frame is a big part of it.

Look at the kid from Washington State

This is Himmelman

Krahn is built like.......Yokozuna

Trim him down to 360 somehow and I'll buy it.
    tracked the WSU "kid" O'Connell ... as FR, he was listed at 6'8" 346 lbs; as SR he was 6'9" 368 lbs and 2 time all american. Himmelman was 6' 8" 285 lbs as HS SR (basketball roster #s). As ISUr FR he was listed at 6'10" and 305 ... and now at 335. He could easily support another 15 or 20 lbs. But from what I've heard, he struggles to put on weight and has very little body fat. O'Connell was also a freak, but had some body fat. We'll see where Himmelman is at come next fall. Our strength guy (and HC) are both a little too old school for my liking .. they are both the type that believe "more is more" .. when sometimes "more" is not healthy (benefits of allowing recovery stage) or optimizing performance. BUt Himmelman is a freak body/athlete and pretty smart, but won't likely ever add any body fat ... I'm guessing he likes being a little on lean side and might be able to gain 5 lbs per year at most.
    Last edited by Redbird 4th & short; February 12th, 2019 at 08:31 AM.