Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45
  1. #21
    FCS Master F'N Hawks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,081

    Re: Which Teams should leave FBS

    Quote Originally Posted by TheKingpin28 View Post
    If they did football only, NDSU would want SDSU to come (due to the rivalry and proximity) and I think both fanbases would want that, but NDSU will never get to leave GFCC ever again. Bismarck would financially try and cripple NDSU to ensure they were both tied and I know Pierre SD would do the same thing to SDSU when it comes to USeD. So if NDSU wants to move up by themselves, GFCC comes with. If NDSU wants SDSU to join, USeD comes with as well. Barring a miracle, NDSU will never get to pursue options that are beneficial to them (conference affiliation that is) if it does not benefit GFCC as well.

    Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    You do not have issues.

    Personally, I think you are overstating things, like a lot. NDSU can leave for the MAC at any time, Bismarck didn't stop them before and they wouldn't again.
    Poster formerly named:
    Sioux

  2. #22
    AGS FCS Champion
    TheKingpin28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Hopkins, MN
    Posts
    12,987

    Re: Which Teams should leave FBS

    Quote Originally Posted by nodak651 View Post
    Would you guys even want to be in that conference without the Dakota schools or UNI? This hypothetical move would remind me of Gopher and Badger fans and how they complain about their loss of regional rivalries when the WCHA broke up (due to the formation of the Big Ten hockey conf). Regional rivalries and knowing people affiliated with teams that you play against make the games a hell of a lot more fun and meaningful.
    I WAS fine with MVFC before USeD joined. I was less fine when they joined due to an unbalanced schedule. I did not want your school to join though as it ****ed up the scheduling that much more and when Murray State eventually joins (unless Sanford pulls a fast one and pushes for Augustana instead PFL), the East side of the division will have a cakewalk to the playoffs while the West side will be a bloodbath and the renewed call for Summit League Football will be strong. Most Bison fans were happy with your school in the Big Sky where you'd come to Fargo every once in awhile for a beatdown and then we could ignore you again. Now we have to deal with it and I can honestly say I am not happy with it, except for the annual freebie win we get from your school.

    Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    TheKingpin28 is "Nothing but an emotional fair weather fan." - Bisonwinagn

    "There's a lot of people more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right" - Alexandria 'Sandy' Ocasio-Cortez, the new queen of the left.

  3. #23
    Top FCS Advocate nodak651's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    284

    Re: Which Teams should leave FBS

    Quote Originally Posted by TheKingpin28 View Post
    I WAS fine with MVFC before USeD joined. I was less fine when they joined due to an unbalanced schedule. I did not want your school to join though. Most Bison fans were happy with your school in the Big Sky where you'd come to Fargo every once in awhile for a beatdown and then we could ignore you again. Now we have to deal with it and I can honestly say I am not happy with it.

    Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    Sorry accidentally deleted that quoted post.

    The MAC schools as a whole really aren't that much different than UND and USD, except they are FBS in name only, and they aren't a regional rivalry. The UND game in Fargo was and still is the most expensive ticket ever sold at face value by your AD. The UND basketball game is also routinely your best attended basketball game. Bison fans in general want to see NDSU play UND. You and some of the people who post here are outliers.
    Last edited by nodak651; February 4th, 2019 at 05:10 PM.

  4. #24
    AGS FCS Champion
    TheKingpin28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Hopkins, MN
    Posts
    12,987

    Re: Which Teams should leave FBS

    Quote Originally Posted by F'N Hawks View Post
    You do not have issues.

    Personally, I think you are overstating things, like a lot. NDSU can leave for the MAC at any time, Bismarck didn't stop them before and they wouldn't again.
    Legislative branch would continue to under-fund NDSU even more and over-fund GFCC.

    I just wish we could close Williston State and couple other regional colleges as the State of North Dakota does not need 11 schools for a population of 700k.

    Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    TheKingpin28 is "Nothing but an emotional fair weather fan." - Bisonwinagn

    "There's a lot of people more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right" - Alexandria 'Sandy' Ocasio-Cortez, the new queen of the left.

  5. #25
    AGS FCS Champion
    TheKingpin28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Hopkins, MN
    Posts
    12,987

    Re: Which Teams should leave FBS

    Quote Originally Posted by nodak651 View Post
    Accidentally deleted my post. The MAC schools as a whole really aren't that much different than UND and USD, except they are FBS in name only, and aren't a regional rivalry. Enjoy.
    I wouldn't want to go to the MAC. I want the 3 tiers of D1 football to happen and we move to the 2nd tier where we play against the best of the G5/FCS each year and conferences like MAC, CUSA, Sun Belt become the bottom feeders and the AAC, MW, MVFC carry the 2nd tier.

    Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    TheKingpin28 is "Nothing but an emotional fair weather fan." - Bisonwinagn

    "There's a lot of people more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right" - Alexandria 'Sandy' Ocasio-Cortez, the new queen of the left.

  6. #26
    FCS Master F'N Hawks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,081

    Re: Which Teams should leave FBS

    Quote Originally Posted by TheKingpin28 View Post
    Legislative branch would continue to under-fund NDSU even more and over-fund GFCC.

    I just wish we could close Williston State and couple other regional colleges as the State of North Dakota does not need 11 schools for a population of 700k.

    Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    True. It's like the legislature is keeping those towns alive through their college funding

  7. #27
    First Class FCS Advocate abc123's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    81

    Re: Which Teams should leave FBS

    Quote Originally Posted by TheKingpin28 View Post
    Bismarck would never let GFCC be away from NDSU again due to most of the legislative body being from their and there utter disdain for the true flagship school: NDSU. Bismarck will do what it needs to do, to undermine and under fund NDSU at all costs
    Get a new talking point. This one is old and worn, not to mention nowhere close to true. I haven't looked at the new legislature make-up that just went into session, but in the previous sessions (when NDSU was supposedly getting undermined ), the amount of legislators with NDSU ties was equal to or slightly higher than those with UND ties. And until the new appointments within the last few months, the SBoHE had more Fargo/NDSU ties than Grand Forks/UND ties. So unless you can actually show something that actually proves someone is undermining and underfunding NDSU, then come up with something new. I mean, they literally just rewrote the funding formula a few years ago so the continued underfunding claim is even more outdated.
    Last edited by abc123; February 4th, 2019 at 05:37 PM.

  8. #28
    AGS FCS Champion
    TheKingpin28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Hopkins, MN
    Posts
    12,987

    Re: Which Teams should leave FBS

    Quote Originally Posted by F'N Hawks View Post
    True. It's like the legislature is keeping those towns alive through their college funding
    I knew we could agree on something. No reason to have 11 schools open and fully funded. Hell Mayville State needs to go as well.

    Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    TheKingpin28 is "Nothing but an emotional fair weather fan." - Bisonwinagn

    "There's a lot of people more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right" - Alexandria 'Sandy' Ocasio-Cortez, the new queen of the left.

  9. #29
    AGS FCS Champion
    TheKingpin28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Hopkins, MN
    Posts
    12,987

    Re: Which Teams should leave FBS

    Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Get a new talking point. This one is old and worn, not to mention nowhere close to true. I haven't looked at the new legislature make-up that just went into session, but in the previous sessions (when NDSU was supposedly getting undermined ), the amount of legislators with NDSU ties was equal to or slightly higher than those with UND ties. And until the new appointments within the last few months, the SBoHE had more Fargo/NDSU ties than Grand Forks/UND ties. So unless you can actually show something that actually proves someone is undermining and underfunding NDSU, then come up with something new. I mean, they literally just rewrote the funding formula a few years ago so the continued underfunding claim is even more outdated.
    Besides the endowment from the State? If can still be a talking point and true. And here we go again with the drivel. This is why we don't want you in the MVFC. Nothing but **** spewing will occur and I know it will not end well. If only you could have stayed where you belong...in D2.

    Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    TheKingpin28 is "Nothing but an emotional fair weather fan." - Bisonwinagn

    "There's a lot of people more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right" - Alexandria 'Sandy' Ocasio-Cortez, the new queen of the left.

  10. #30
    First Class FCS Advocate abc123's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    81

    Re: Which Teams should leave FBS

    Quote Originally Posted by TheKingpin28 View Post
    Besides the endowment from the State? If can still be a talking point and true. And here we go again with the drivel. This is why we don't want you in the MVFC. Nothing but **** spewing will occur and I know it will not end well. If only you could have stayed where you belong...in D2.

    Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    Can you be more specific on which endowment from the state you are referencing because I'm not exactly sure but I'm very curious.

    "Here we go again with the drivel". I suppose it was easier to just take potshots at "GFCC" for no specific reason when no called you out on it.

Similar Threads

  1. Idaho AD put on leave
    By bonarae in forum FCS Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: April 5th, 2018, 08:32 AM
  2. Next to Leave FCS???
    By atlfcsfan in forum FCS Discussion
    Replies: 151
    Last Post: May 20th, 2013, 10:42 PM
  3. Nick Saban Predicts Changes Will Leave Only 60-70 FBS Teams
    By superman7515 in forum FCS Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: August 26th, 2012, 02:11 PM
  4. UNI AD - Could Leave for I-A AD Job?
    By TexasTerror in forum FCS Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: March 22nd, 2006, 11:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •