Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Which Teams should leave FBS

Every G5 team should leave the FBS.

Quote Originally Posted by cx500d View Post
    You dweebs are like the runt of the litter....the red-headed step child...Hot garbage... Wouldn't be fair (or nice) to dump UN_ on the South Dakota teams
    And yet for all your success they're still in your head

we honestly need
    D3->D4
    D2->D3,
    lower half of FCS and some D2->D2
    upper FCS and lower FBS-> FCS
    upper G5 and P5-FBS

2016 CAA Pick'em Champ!

UNH 14'

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Disagree

2016 CAA Pick'em Champ!

UNH 14'

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Definitely not!

But even in the AAC a schools like Tulane and UConn would be better served in FCS imo. Likewise with San Jose State and UNLV in the MWC.
    Temple Alum By Choice, Lehigh Sports Fan By Blood

Lets just say the MAC were interested, is the travel really that much of a back breaker for a program like NDSU? (G5 talent, resources, facilities)
    "We're New Hampshire born and we're New Hampshire bred and when we die we'll be New Hampshire dead, so it's ra ra New Hampshire Hampshire, ra ra New Hampshire Hampshire, pride of the granite state !"

The Imagine Dragons of AGS

Quote Originally Posted by Mattymc727 View Post
    Lets just say the MAC were interested, is the travel really that much of a back breaker for a program like NDSU? (G5 talent, resources, facilities)
    Yes. This would not work well for all but football especially with the sports that lose money. Not having a travel partner is a huge non-starter and Bismarck would never let GFCC be away from NDSU again due to most of the legislative body being from their and there utter disdain for the true flagship school: NDSU. Bismarck will do what it needs to do, to undermine and under fund NDSU at all costs and with having zero geographical semblance, NDSU does not want to be on an island when it comes to Olympic sports. Why do you think they are in the Big 12 and Summit for all sports? It makes geographical sense and limits travel costs due to travel partners scattered throughout the I29/I35 corridor. WIU and IPFW are the only ones who are truly out of location. Denver gets to stay due to needing members remaining for AQ status.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    TheKingpin28 is "Nothing but an emotional fair weather fan." - Bisonwinagn

"There's a lot of people more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right" - Alexandria 'Sandy' Ocasio-Cortez, the new queen of the left.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingpin28 View Post
    Yes. This would not work well for all but football especially with the sports that lose money. Not having a travel partner is a huge non-starter and Bismarck would never let GFCC be away from NDSU again due to most of the legislative body being from their and there utter disdain for the true flagship school: NDSU. Bismarck will do what it needs to do, to undermine and under fund NDSU at all costs and with having zero geographical semblance, NDSU does not want to be on an island when it comes to Olympic sports. Why do you think they are in the Big 12 and Summit for all sports? It makes geographical sense and limits travel costs due to travel partners scattered throughout the I29/I35 corridor. WIU and IPFW are the only ones who are truly out of location. Denver gets to stay due to needing members remaining for AQ status.

What about football only?
    "We're New Hampshire born and we're New Hampshire bred and when we die we'll be New Hampshire dead, so it's ra ra New Hampshire Hampshire, ra ra New Hampshire Hampshire, pride of the granite state !"

The Imagine Dragons of AGS

Quote Originally Posted by Mattymc727 View Post
    What about football only?
    If they did football only, NDSU would want SDSU to come (due to the rivalry and proximity) and I think both fanbases would want that, but NDSU will never get to leave GFCC ever again. Bismarck would financially try and cripple NDSU to ensure they were both tied and I know Pierre SD would do the same thing to SDSU when it comes to USeD. So if NDSU wants to move up by themselves, GFCC comes with. If NDSU wants SDSU to join, USeD comes with as well. Barring a miracle, NDSU will never get to pursue options that are beneficial to them (conference affiliation that is) if it does not benefit GFCC as well.

TheKingpin28 is "Nothing but an emotional fair weather fan." - Bisonwinagn

"There's a lot of people more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right" - Alexandria 'Sandy' Ocasio-Cortez, the new queen of the left.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingpin28 View Post
    If they did football only, NDSU would want SDSU to come (due to the rivalry and proximity) and I think both fanbases would want that, but NDSU will never get to leave GFCC ever again. Bismarck would financially try and cripple NDSU to ensure they were both tied and I know Pierre SD would do the same thing to SDSU when it comes to USeD. So if NDSU wants to move up by themselves, GFCC comes with. If NDSU wants SDSU to join, USeD comes with as well. Barring a miracle, NDSU will never get to pursue options that are beneficial to them (conference affiliation that is) if it does not benefit GFCC as well.

Would you guys even want to be in that conference without the Dakota schools or UNI? This hypothetical move would remind me of Gopher and Badger fans and how they complain about their loss of regional rivalries when the WCHA broke up (due to the formation of the Big Ten hockey conf). Regional rivalries and knowing people affiliated with teams that you play against make the games a hell of a lot more fun and meaningful.

Edit: Just re read your comment and saw you mentioned SDSU. I think the same would hold true for losing UNI and the other Dakotas. The MAC doesn't have a ton of interesting teams...