Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    AGS FCS Champion

Re: Can I Borrow Some PreWorkout Brah?

Quote Originally Posted by F'N Hawks View Post
    Tested multiple times by who? Then, who received and graded the results?
    18 players are randomly tested by the NCAA after every playoff game. NDSU has played in 31 playoff games in the last 8 years. That's 558 tests and this is the first failed one that I've heard of.

That said I think Robbins got screwed in this deal. I tend to believe that he was given this by someone he trusted, that person hasn't owned up to it, and he's losing his senior season (and possibly scholarship) over it. However, if he and his mom are going to out a "trusted staff member" just spit out who it was because going about it this way lets speculation run rampant about every coach on that staff to fit whatever theories there are out there about who done it.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 7-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

My real name is Bisontownmocks

Quote Originally Posted by geaux_sioux View Post
    I couldn’t resist because of that weight room post of mine that I still get **** for.
    If only you guys were good enough to bother testing......
    BisonFan02 Trophy Case:

"Concern ****s with you.......at first."
    -Ursus staring at Grizo's limp carcass on the ground

Quote Originally Posted by F'N Hawks View Post
    Tested multiple times by who? Then, who received and graded the results?
    Tested by the same company that does the NCAA testing.
    Opportunity is unattainable for most people because it is disguised as hard work!!

Seems like (and maybe I'm not doing the right kind of research) pretty much anything from BB.com would be legal, unless the player took more than the recommended dose 10 minutes before being tested (if it was indeed caffeine that caused the positive test, which is​ a NCAA banned substance at higher doses).

If it's not that...

...then he's probably not taking a "normal" pre-workout. *shrug*
    Waiting for the Griz to become relevant again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonoline View Post
    Tested by the same company that does the NCAA testing.
    Right. Then, where are the results sent and interpreted? The company doesn't send them to the NCAA.

AGS FCS Champion

So the kid and mom are saying any banned substance in his body was provided by NDSU coaching/fitness staff? NDSU denies? Did I read that right?
    He who works with his hands is a laborer.
    He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman.
    He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist.
    ---St. Francis of Assissi

As they say there are always 3 sides to every story. Probably never will get the truth but I do find it hard to believe that this was being handed out by NDSU and he ends up being the only kid to fail the test.

As far as the NCAA policy and punishment, a full year suspension seems a bit harsh to me on some deal like this and a first offense but it is what it is I guess.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    So the kid and mom are saying any banned substance in his body was provided by NDSU coaching/fitness staff? NDSU denies? Did I read that right?
    Player and mom are saying it was provided by a "trusted staff member" and NDSU is saying it was provided by another student. I think one side is probably stretching the definition of the person they claim provided it but I'm a little frustrated that (former) player and mom don't just spit it out if they're going to claim it was provided by a "trusted staff member". Without that it can be guilt be association for every coach on that staff which leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 7-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Player and mom are saying it was provided by a "trusted staff member" and NDSU is saying it was provided by another student. I think one side is probably stretching the definition of the person they claim provided it but I'm a little frustrated that (former) player and mom don't just spit it out if they're going to claim it was provided by a "trusted staff member". Without that it can be guilt be association for every coach on that staff which leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
    That and now I have the image of NDSU doing things to their players like a true FBS program..... J/K

Perception is everything. As a parent who may or may not have a kid going to play college football one day, I don't want him to go to a school that has the lack of morality to do that to a kid without his knowledge (if that's the case) or with his knowledge knowing it was wrong to give it to him to start out with.

But I'm more along the lines of believing the kid was taking them himself because 18 were tested and only he was caught? Anyone doesn't think it could be that scenario hasn't visited a high school locker room....ever.
    He who works with his hands is a laborer.
    He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman.
    He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist.
    ---St. Francis of Assissi

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    That and now I have the image of NDSU doing things to their players like a true FBS program..... J/K

Perception is everything. As a parent who may or may not have a kid going to play college football one day, I don't want him to go to a school that has the lack of morality to do that to a kid without his knowledge (if that's the case) or with his knowledge knowing it was wrong to give it to him to start out with.

But I'm more along the lines of believing the kid was taking them himself because 18 were tested and only he was caught? Anyone doesn't think it could be that scenario hasn't visited a high school locker room....ever.
    Yeah, it's a bad look for the program and, as a booster, doesn't make me feel very good. But not only is he the only one of the 18 who failed he's the only one in 9 years of playoff competition for NDSU that I've ever heard of failing the postgame test. That's 34 games or 612 tests total if this 18 player test sample has been in place since 2010.