Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Heads Rolling, Staff Shake-up at Lehigh?

Quote Originally Posted by DFW HOYA View Post
    Lehigh and Lafayette now have two coaches with more questions than answers. May be a long run ahead for the Red Raiders.
    Fewer and fewer questions at Lafayette. Garrett is simply unfit to be a head coach and nothing will move forward as long as he is in the position. That leaves very few questions.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by DFW HOYA View Post
    Lehigh and Lafayette now have two coaches with more questions than answers. May be a long run ahead for the Red Raiders.
    For Lehigh I think its "trust the program". There's a track record of legitimate success with each of the previous 7 hires. I think Gilmore will have success at Lehigh. But I'm not sure if he can notch playoff victories, have a presence in the Top 25 and put together a run of 8-10 win seasons.

Don't forget about Fordham. They're bringing in reinforcements for 2019. The Rams greatly underachieved in 2018 relative to their talent level.
    Temple Alum By Choice, Lehigh Sports Fan By Blood

AGS FCS Champion Lehigh Football Nation's Avatar

No coaching candidate coming into a PL school in January would have had more experience recruiting PL players than Gilmore, and with the aggressiveness he and the staff appear to be taking in recruiting during this secondary period that seems to be paying off so far. To me he has definitely infused the program with energy on the recruiting trail and kept some of these great recruiters (like Ford) on the staff that were doing well before he arrived.
    Follow me on Twitter (User Name LFN)

The
    Time
    Is
    Now

Quote Originally Posted by RichH2 View Post
    per Footballscoop.

Chrs Zarkoskie has been hired as the new OL coach. A UNH grad in 13. Coached TEs at UNH until hired by Brown last year as their OL coach. A 3 year starter on the OL for UNH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehigh Football Nation View Post
    No coaching candidate coming into a PL school in January would have had more experience recruiting PL players than Gilmore, and with the aggressiveness he and the staff appear to be taking in recruiting during this secondary period that seems to be paying off so far. To me he has definitely infused the program with energy on the recruiting trail and kept some of these great recruiters (like Ford) on the staff that were doing well before he arrived.
    He also brought in 2 of Crusaders' best recruiters. It has been a few years since I've seen this much recruiting activity nationally for us.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by RichH2 View Post
    He also brought in 2 of Crusaders' best recruiters. It has been a few years since I've seen this much recruiting activity nationally for us.
    This staff has clearly been active in recruiting. Hopefully they land at least a handful of these standout guys.

Of the PA PL schools Lafayette and Bucknell are in way way more trouble right now than Lehigh. Gilmore has the platform to succeed. If he's calmed down at least some and can improve his late game rationale Lehigh will be good. How good is TBD....
    Temple Alum By Choice, Lehigh Sports Fan By Blood

Quote Originally Posted by Go Lehigh TU owl View Post
    This staff has clearly been active in recruiting. Hopefully they land at least a handful of these standout guys.

Of the PA PL schools Lafayette and Bucknell are in way way more trouble right now than Lehigh. Gilmore has the platform to succeed. If he's calmed down at least some and can improve his late game rationale Lehigh will be good. How good is TBD....
    Hard to say how Pards and Bison compare. Agree that LU has a much more solid base of talent. TG does seem to be building a good staff. Love Tom's fire and intensity. Hopefully he has learned to leave late game play calls to his assts. I am sure he picked up more than few lessons from 2 of the best in Clawson and Higgins.

On the Breast of Old South Mountain

Heard that Brisson had interviewed for some open HC positions (FCS/DII), but after meeting with TG decided to stay at Lehigh. As a person, I think he's a great guy and has good rapport with the players. He's also reported to be a very good recruiter. I have not been enamored with the play calling/lack of creativity. Now, perhaps that was do to this year's problems with the OL and the lack of confidence for needed blocking to do 'more', but I am still waiting to be convinced that he's "the guy" for our offense.
    LEHIGH WILL SHINE TONIGHT, LEHIGH WILL SHINE!
    Patriot League Champions: 1993, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2010, 2011, 2016, 2017
    NCAA Playoff Appearances: D-II 1973, 1975, 1977 NCAA Champions
    D-IAA 1979 (Finalist), 1980, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2016, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by ngineer View Post
    Heard that Brisson had interviewed for some open HC positions (FCS/DII), but after meeting with TG decided to stay at Lehigh. As a person, I think he's a great guy and has good rapport with the players. He's also reported to be a very good recruiter. I have not been enamored with the play calling/lack of creativity. Now, perhaps that was do to this year's problems with the OL and the lack of confidence for needed blocking to do 'more', but I am still waiting to be convinced that he's "the guy" for our offense.
    Me too.