Quote Originally Posted by NDB View Post
This crap needs to end. College is about education. Give everybody a four-year clock that starts the day they matriculate.
agreed, other than redshirt-ing as true FR.

In theory, under these new rules .. a guy like Gage Gabrud could have done following:

- Greyshirted the fall of his FR, and joined program in spring.

- Redshirted the next fall, though played in as many as 4 games

- Then play for 3 full years

- Then get injured in his 5th year after playing 4 games and come back for full 6th season.

So in theory, he could participate for 6.5 years, and play 4 full seasons plus 4 more games in 2 other seasons. Seems more than a bit out of hand ... where does this end ??

You would think allowing a redshirt season would be enough of a compromise ... I mean I get the idea of jumping right into college football the summer you graduate and then right into game season in the fall is a lot .. especially in a sport like football which demands a lot of players both physically and in terms of time commitment ... so I support the notion of redshirting in football

But apparently, this isn't alone enough of a compromise ... so I'm not a fan of the Gage Gabrud medical RS ruling, especially not in addition to new rule allowing 4 games as RS FR.

Draw a frickin line ... 4 years is 4 years .. Redshirt is more than enough compromise.