Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: 2019 Too Early Title Favorites

NDSU is numero uno, imho. Flip a coin for the rest outside of SDSU, JMU, & EWU.

The Bison have a choke hold on success and appear to re-position the grasp every year, regardless of who leads & who dons the helmets/pads.
    Nickels - "My "127.3 soaking wet" ass will meet you anytime. Come to Houston and send me a PM. We both know there aren't cops here to stop anything. Be a man and back it up. I'm near Yale and Rutland but I will meet your worthless black ass anywhere in the city.

edit - Yale and 27th. Near Rutland."

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Daytripper View Post
    Where is Sam Houston?
    Weight Room?

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    TheKingpin28 is "Nothing but an emotional fair weather fan." - Bisonwinagn

"I think you might have missed my comments. Princeton's QB John Lovett is the best player in the FCS" - World

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Daytripper View Post
    Where is Sam Houston?
    Probably at the dining hall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Funnier than two other people

FCS EGG-HOLE

.....SCOURIN' X-FER WIRES..........AWK!

Ten teams? What a joke. It should be somewhere between 1-3. Probably 1.

I don't make predictions until Keepratings works his magic to produce the lost starters and production spreadsheet. At this point, I have thoroughly checked the 2 teams that matter most to our chances next fall ... my ISUr and those bullies, the Bison. We've got a lot coming back and they don't ... so feeling good so far on this front anyway ... 118 teams to go.

I can't remember how soon he published his stats, but he appreciates any donations. It is considerable undertaking for him. I've donated in past and will donate again. He was very appreciative.

http://www.keepratings.net/#

But I would take the field over Bison next season. They lose a lot on the field and sidelines. I should know better since they beat us in 2014 after very similar situation coming out of 2013 .. lot of seniors, and head coach left. But I think they lost more this time ... players and coaches. And they don't have a Carson Wentz stepping into QB role that should have been his 2 years earlier.

I'll say what I posted on the Elon boards as well:

I think the summary for Elon is spot on, but the conclusion is not. They're right about our strengths and weaknesses but saying that we are #8 in the country favored to win the championship is misguided. We are somewhere closer to 15th, with a strong possibility for growth. We have too many unknowns about our team to claim we are anything better...yet.

AGS FCS Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonoline View Post
    Triggered over what?
    Exactly. JMU has a ton coming back.

NDSU will be just fine.

Dewey
    Proud supporter of the North Dakota State University Bison.

15 time National Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird 4th & short View Post
    I don't make predictions until Keepratings works his magic to produce the lost starters and production spreadsheet. At this point, I have thoroughly checked the 2 teams that matter most to our chances next fall ... my ISUr and those bullies, the Bison. We've got a lot coming back and they don't ... so feeling good so far on this front anyway ... 118 teams to go.

I can't remember how soon he published his stats, but he appreciates any donations. It is considerable undertaking for him. I've donated in past and will donate again. He was very appreciative.

http://www.keepratings.net/#

But I would take the field over Bison next season. They lose a lot on the field and sidelines. I should know better since they beat us in 2014 after very similar situation coming out of 2013 .. lot of seniors, and head coach left. But I think they lost more this time ... players and coaches. And they don't have a Carson Wentz stepping into QB role that should have been his 2 years earlier.
    Fair assessment on the Bison vs ISUr, but I think you might be smoking a bit of hopium

Here is why:

Overall, the Bison are better positioned depth wise in 2019 than they were in 2014. Coaching is a push (although I suspect Kleiman is the superior head coach when we look back years from now), but the transition in 2019 is much easier given the Bohl/Klieman situation. 2013 team had more graduating star power, 2018 team had better overall depth is how Iíd describe the two teams in comparison. That of course doesnít necessarily mean anything since every year is different.

2013: Lost 24 total seniors, 13 of which were starters (7 off, 6 def) plus the LS
    Key returning in 2014: Trevor Gebhart, Zach Vraa, Esley Thornton, Carson Wentz (Had not started a game), Colten Heagle, John Crockett, Christian Dudzik, Carlton Littlejohn, Nick DeLuca, Travis Beck, Kyle Emanuel, Joe Haeg (played RT at the time I believe), Zach Johnson
    Key question marks: QB (but like 2019 team there was an heir apparent in Carson Wentz), DT (graduates some big time studs), LT (loss of NFL Billy Turner)

2018: Lost 23 total seniors, 15 of which were starters (7 off, 8 def) plus the PK
    Key returning in 2019: Jaxon Brown, Dimitri Williams, James Hendricks, Marquise Bridges, Josh Hayes, Adam Cofield, Seth Wilson, Michael Tutsie, Ty Brooks, Brock Robbins (possible suspension early in season), Jabril Cox, Jackson Hankey, Aaron Mercadel (has been injured but he is a high end talent when healthy), Cordel Volson, Dillon Radunz, Ben Ellefson, Derek Tuszka, Spencer Waege
    Key Question marks: WR (is anybody home? Truly a question mark heading into 2019), QB (high probability of a high end starter out of either Trey Lance or ISU transfer Zeb Noland. A question mark but no concerns here), DT (seeming lack of star power in the 2018 backups despite being able to pencil in 2019 starters. We shall see is all I can say)

So the long and short of it is the comparison is surprisingly very similar situation. Iím not saying the Bison win the natty in 2019 because it may be unlikely, but itís easy to say they are better positioned than anyone else in the Valley
    5x FCS Champions - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

No issue for me with JMU #1 considering all they have coming back and all the senior starters NDSU is losing. Both have coaching changes so not sure there is any differentiation there.
    Question for JMU fans, who will be slinging it for you guys next season? If the answer is DiNucci, yikes
    Sundown in the Paris of the prairie
    Wheat Kings have all their treasures buried