Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Ty Gregorak not returning as Montana State Bobcats’ defensive coordinator

Does anyone know if NAU has a HC set for next year yet?

I have heard a unsubstantiated rumor he may bo going to Kansas State as LB coach.

Quote Originally Posted by wapiti View Post
    Top three in FCS. Yes that would be a huge stretch.

Top three in Big Sky. That is not a stretch.
    That's what I meant.

MSU only ranked in the top-3 in two defensive stats: fumble recoveries & first downs allowed. They were 4th. in all three aggregate yardage categories, but their per-play/per-carry metrics were noticeably worse (ranking about in the middle of the league). Gregorak is also known as a bend-but-don't-break guy, but MSU's redzone D this season was lousy—they allowed about 5.7 points-per-RZ-trip.

Quote Originally Posted by wapiti View Post
    Does anyone know if NAU has a HC set for next year yet?
    They hired Memphis DC Chris Ball (they also just hired Jerry Partridge to be DC).

SUU's got an open spot at DC since Andy Thompson apparently just backed out of that job to be the DC at Sac State.

Absolutely terrible under Kane
    Turn around almost overnight with Gregorak
    Fire Gregorak and hire back Kane

That's like something we would do

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ALPHAGRIZ1 View Post
    1. He was fired he didnt quit. He had no choice but to "resign".
    2. Last week (Tuesday or Weds) he reached out to Messingham at NDSU and talked about KState and a possible LB coaching position.
    3. Ty is currently talking to one other school about a DC position
    4. Gregorek is a certified tool and I hope Klieman is nt stupid enough to touch this guy.
    MSU may have been the worst defensive team to set foot in the Fargo Dome this year (actually, it was probably a push between SIU and them)
    Any unauthorized use of the intellectual property of POD Knows without the express written consent of POD Knows will be met with the swift hand of justice as determined by POD Knows

Quote Originally Posted by POD Knows View Post
    MSU may have been the worst defensive team to set foot in the Fargo Dome this year (actually, it was probably a push between SIU and them)
    UNA and Cal Poly are both much worse

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Silenoz View Post
    UNA and Cal Poly are both much worse
    Debatable, I am talking about what I saw in the dome and I saw all the games. The MSU D was MIA in Fargo in the playoffs. SIU was worse on D than either UNA or CP
    Any unauthorized use of the intellectual property of POD Knows without the express written consent of POD Knows will be met with the swift hand of justice as determined by POD Knows

Debatable, I am talking about what I saw in the dome and I saw all the games. The MSU D was MIA in Fargo in the playoffs. SIU was worse on D than either UNA or CP
    That's the problem, you see everything through the NDSU filter, where all results are distorted because of the dominance happening. That MSU unit put up respectable numbers all season despite having one of the most anemic and one dimensional offenses in the country, where literally the best defensive player on the team was forced to run the wildcat for an entire season.

I'm not saying they were great or anything, but it's all relative.

And I don't know why Ty was let go, but knowing him he was probably pissed at the position Choate's ****-ass offense kept putting him in and let him know about it.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Silenoz View Post
    That's the problem, you see everything through the NDSU filter, where all results are distorted because of the dominance happening. That MSU unit put up respectable numbers all season despite having one of the most anemic and one dimensional offenses in the country, where literally the best defensive player on the team was forced to run the wildcat for an entire season.

I'm not saying they were great or anything, but it's all relative.
    Yea, I watched SDSU drop 40+ on them and about 500 yards of offense, so there is that. I didn't say they were the worst D in the country, I said they were the worst D I saw in the dome with the nod to SIU. UNA seemed to be significantly more physical on defense than MSU was but teams perform different in different games, I get that.

NDSU offense looked to me like they were playing harder, more focused, and a whole season of execution behind them for MSU. That had something to do with the 50 burger we hung with ease. I’m not defending MSU D because it was BAD, just not SIU or Cal Poly bad.
    5x FCS Champions - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015