Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    AGS FCS Champion

Re: Ty Gregorak not returning as Montana State Bobcats’ defensive coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    NDSU offense looked to me like they were playing harder, more focused, and a whole season of execution behind them for MSU. That had something to do with the 50 burger we hung with ease. I’m not defending MSU D because it was BAD, just not SIU or Cal Poly bad.
    MSU should have had a whole season of execution behind them on D as well. I will settle with this, it is tie between SIU, CP and MSU for the worst D's that played in the dome this year. MSU also gave up a ton of points to Weber State and CP and I saw both those teams play and wasn't impressed with either offensively.
    Any unauthorized use of the intellectual property of POD Knows without the express written consent of POD Knows will be met with the swift hand of justice as determined by POD Knows

Quote Originally Posted by POD Knows View Post
    MSU may have been the worst defensive team to set foot in the Fargo Dome this year (actually, it was probably a push between SIU and them)
    You will never get me to argue that fact. I was never happier a coach left Montana as when TG left. He is slightly above average and hes a meathead.

MSU wont be any worse, its an upgrade with him leaving
    AG1 now available in "Internet Black"

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and arm bears, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Silenoz View Post
    That's the problem, you see everything through the NDSU filter, where all results are distorted because of the dominance happening. That MSU unit put up respectable numbers all season despite having one of the most anemic and one dimensional offenses in the country, where literally the best defensive player on the team was forced to run the wildcat for an entire season.

I'm not saying they were great or anything, but it's all relative.

And I don't know why Ty was let go, but knowing him he was probably pissed at the position Choate's ****-ass offense kept putting him in and let him know about it.
    He wasnt "let go" he was fired. Choate gave him the option to look like he resigned but thats not the real truth

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and arm bears, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by ALPHAGRIZ1 View Post
    He wasnt "let go" he was fired. Choate gave him the option to look like he resigned but thats not the real truth
    Isn't that the same thing?

And I imagine KSU fans are going to be livid if he gets hired as their LB coach. Coordinator for two programs that finish with middling numbers, gets fired twice, and yet somehow falls upwards into the B12? Makes no sense.

First Class FCS Ruler
    Somewhere on the Bourbon Trail between the Jim Beam and Four Roses Distilleries

Quote Originally Posted by Silenoz View Post
    Isn't that the same thing?

And I imagine KSU fans are going to be livid if he gets hired as their LB coach. Coordinator for two programs that finish with middling numbers, gets fired twice, and yet somehow falls upwards into the B12? Makes no sense.
    The "Lane Kiffin" school of professional advancement...
    "The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty." - James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by ALPHAGRIZ1 View Post
    1. He was fired he didnt quit. He had no choice but to "resign".
    2. Last week (Tuesday or Weds) he reached out to Messingham at NDSU and talked about KState and a possible LB coaching position.
    3. Ty is currently talking to one other school about a DC position
    4. Gregorek is a certified tool and I hope Klieman is nt stupid enough to touch this guy.
    Tool enough to OWN the Grizzlies!!
    "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country"
    John F Kennedy
    http://www.bigskyfans.com/eagles/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by clawman View Post
    Tool enough to OWN the Grizzlies!!
    Aww the little bastard step brother has spoken! Everyone owns Montana now and its not gonna change in the near future.

Speaking of getting ****ing owned, you should probably have waited a couple more weeks to comment after that ass kicking blood letting in Frisco last weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Derby City Duke View Post
    The "Lane Kiffin" school of professional advancement...
    from which, Tom Arth must have graduated Summa cum Laude.
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.

FCS Expert

Quote Originally Posted by POD Knows View Post
    Yea, I watched SDSU drop 40+ on them and about 500 yards of offense, so there is that. I didn't say they were the worst D in the country, I said they were the worst D I saw in the dome with the nod to SIU. UNA seemed to be significantly more physical on defense than MSU was but teams perform different in different games, I get that.
    If you want to point out one or two game outliers, you should make sure to point out that only one team all season held Western Illinois under 200 passing yards. That was Montana State. So, they were the worst D you saw all season, but in Sean McGuire's eyes, they might have been one of the best defenses he saw this season.

Somebody get the popcorn, this is gonna blow up.............................