• Have it - don't like it

1 2.50%
  • Don't have it - want it

14 35.00%
  • Don't have it - don't want it

11 27.50%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Re-entry...poll?

We have it, and WaGriz is always a ghost town in the 3rd quarter. Which is incidentally where we are now getting our ass kicked the most... alongside the 4th quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Silenoz View Post
    We have it, and WaGriz is always a ghost town in the 3rd quarter. Which is incidentally where we are now getting our ass kicked the most... alongside the 4th quarter.
    I noticed that when we played you. I was like where in the hell did everyone go?????
    Opportunity is unattainable for most people because it is disguised as hard work!!

AGS FCS Champion

This thread title was extremely misleading

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't drink anymore. I don't necessarily drink any less either, though.

I am ED. #FEARME
    Go Big, Go Blue, Go JACKS!

Quote Originally Posted by EdubAlum View Post
    Roos Field (EWU) allows you to go tailgate and come back after half. I think it's dumb they're throwing away all that revenue, but I enjoy being able to do it.
    This tailgate thing is ISU's biggest hurdle with game attendance. Our tailgating is pretty strong but spread out .. so by game time, people don't want to come to game. Homecoming sells out, but seats go empty because of tailgating.

I don't 100% know for sure if re-entry is allowed under same ticket at Hancock (ISUr) ... I am pretty sure it is not allowed. Rumor is they will do limited opening of alcohol sales inside stadium within a couple years just because of this. Not sure how they intend to limit it, but they recognize it is keeping fans away.

The alcohol/tailgate factor is only one aspect .. our ISUr fanbase tends to be fair weather by nature ... literally and figuratively.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
    This thread title was extremely misleading

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    niceee ... disappointing for sure.

JMU once had re-entry but I felt like it was taken away at some point after 2004, when we really had a burst of fan enthusiasm post-championship.

Our fans left at halftime like a ritual even before the re-entry change, so I doubt it made a difference either way. There was initial complaining because some fans with cars nearby wanted to go drink at their car at the half.

It clearly hasnít hurt our attendance, despite the initial grumbling.

Quote Originally Posted by RootinFerDukes View Post
    JMU once had re-entry but I felt like it was taken away at some point after 2004, when we really had a burst of fan enthusiasm post-championship.

Our fans left at halftime like a ritual even before the re-entry change, so I doubt it made a difference either way. There was initial complaining because some fans with cars nearby wanted to go drink at their car at the half.

It clearly hasn’t hurt our attendance, despite the initial grumbling.
    so there was no re-entry after a burst ... Thumper, you want this one ?

AGS FCS Expert

I voted for "Don't have it and dont want it". I wouldn't want to miss a portion of the 3rd quarter because I had to go out to the tailgating lot and do whatever.

Plus like the Grizzlies fans have stated the atmosphere at the beginning of the 3rd quarter would be disappointing at best.

Dewey
    Proud supporter of the North Dakota State University Bison.

15 time National Champions

I'm better than you...probably

Quote Originally Posted by Silenoz View Post
    We've always had re-entry and always had a slow moving back in crowd and that problem you describe is a new phenom that we never had before so in case anyone was trying to take this as a reason it don't fit. I used to hear the f'n cannon twice on average it seemed before heading back in 5 min. or so into the 3rd quarter.

Plus, it is not like they could really sell more tickets anyway.
    http://www.anygivensaturday.com/signaturepics/sigpic2954_4.gif
    "At Georgia Southern, we don't cheat.......That costs money and we don't have any."
    Erk Russell - Georgia Southern

I'm better than you...probably

Quote Originally Posted by dewey View Post
    I voted for "Don't have it and dont want it". I wouldn't want to miss a portion of the 3rd quarter because I had to go out to the tailgating lot and do whatever.

Plus like the Grizzlies fans have stated the atmosphere at the beginning of the 3rd quarter would be disappointing at best.

Dewey
    Got a TV in the motorhome and don't miss anything.

I wouldn't have it any other way. My money, my time, I'll do it how I want to do it is my way of thinking.
    http://www.anygivensaturday.com/signaturepics/sigpic2954_4.gif
    "At Georgia Southern, we don't cheat.......That costs money and we don't have any."
    Erk Russell - Georgia Southern