Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    First Class FCS Advocate Little Stevie's Avatar

Re: Rhody adds Va Tech to schedule

URI generally takes a few of those for free from CAA foes anyway...

Lehigh would finish last in CAA.
    Worst team in CAA would finish no worse than 2nd in PAL.

Hen-Lawson is being looked at by pros.

Master FCS Advocate CenMEBlackBearFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Little Stevie View Post
    Maine is a program to emulate.
    regularly in playoffs.
    $900K am told (combined)
    Thanks for the compliments Little Stevie but I think maybe you are confusing our neighbor to the South maybe with our program when it comes regularly making the playoffs. We have have averaged a playoff team every 3 or 4 years but will say that we are usually in the hunt for the playoffs but regularly not so much. Think we may do more with less than alot of programs
    Out of that 900k would think the VT game is in the 500-600K???
    I think the Rhody program has turned the corner and see you guys right with the rest of us which is better for everyone in the CAA!!!

is URI going to add a 5th home/12th overall? this year they can do that, might as well schedule an NEC team or pioneer team like marist, get that extra D1 win

2016 CAA Pick'em Champ!

UNH 14'

FCS EGG-HOLE

Quote Originally Posted by Gangtackle11 View Post
    And the private catholic university on the Mainline is not scheduled to play an FBS game next season (a 12 game season to boot) ....color me green with envy......
    ..........YOUSE 'CATS........WOOD LIKE TA START OUT......0-2....LIKE DUH SHEEP?........DAT GREEN ENVY......BETTERAH BE......BAD SCRAPPLE..............AWQ!

First Class FCS Advocate Little Stevie's Avatar

BlackBear-correct,UNH has been mentioned also as program to emulate. There have been others.
    Whoever wins that round robin,has excellent chance of making playoffs. Beating the Northern teams is very important.

FCS Master

Maine is a program to emulate.
    regularly in playoffs.
    $900K am told (combined)
    What's your definition of "regularly" ? They make it maybe once every 5 years. That seems like making it occasionally. UNH, JMU, Wofford, JSU, SHSU, NDSU, SDSU, UNI, EWU and MT until recently make it more often than not, I'd say that is regularly.
    Last edited by KPSUL; January 10th, 2019 at 11:00 AM.
    "Knowledge is Good" Emil Faber

Master FCS Advocate CenMEBlackBearFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KPSUL View Post
    What's your definition of "regularly" ? They make it maybe once every 5 years. That seems like making it occasionally. UNH, JMU, Wofford, JSU, SHSU, NDSU, SDSU, UNI, EWU and MT until recently make it more often than not, I'd say that is regularly.
    KPSUL-Think I pretty much acknowledged that already and gave u guys credit on that- see above.

Thanks for the compliments Little Stevie but I think maybe you are confusing our neighbor to the South maybe with our program when it comes regularly making the playoffs. We have have averaged a playoff team every 3 or 4 years but will say that we are usually in the hunt for the playoffs but regularly not so much. Think we may do more with less than alot of programs
    I think the Rhody program has turned the corner and see you guys right with the rest of us which is better for everyone in the CAA!!!

FCS Master

Quote Originally Posted by CenMEBlackBearFan View Post
    KPSUL-Think I pretty much acknowledged that already and gave u guys credit on that- see above.

I posted to the comment before yours. I didn't even read yours before responding. I was merely stating that making the playoffs 3 times in 14 years in a field of less than 100 teams is probably not making it regularly. You said close to the same thing.

Additionally I think it is a mistake for teams to play more than one FBS opponent annually given the selection criteria for making the playoffs. An additional loss, and the potential for missing out on an additional FCS win can have an impact on both selection and seeding. Also playing opponents with more scholarships, and therefore more depth, may also increase injuries. In my opinion this is not something teams should be trying to emulate which was the point of the original post we both commented about.
    "Knowledge is Good" Emil Faber

Rhody adds Va Tech to schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Derby City Duke View Post
    Once again the boys in Blacksburg pass up the opportunity to play JMU. I don't know why they -- and the University of Virginia -- won't schedule JMU. It's been 8 years since we beat VT in Lane Stadium and we haven't been to Charlottesville in 35 years!

I just don't get it.
    Probably the same reason why NDSU can’t get any FBS games. They stop answering the phone the moment you beat them. They’re scared.

AGS FCS Champion

URI generally takes a few of those for free from CAA foes anyway...

Lehigh would finish last in CAA.
    Worst team in CAA would finish no worse than 2nd in PAL.

Hen-Lawson is being looked at by pros.
    Colgate went 3-0 against the CAA this year. Lehigh would clearly have finished last or second to last this year given their "situation".

Hopefully URI gets better. The better New England FCS playoff football is the better the CAA and PL will be relative to the rest of the country.
    Temple Alum By Choice, Lehigh Sports Fan By Blood