Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    AGS FCS Champion

Re: Building a Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by nodak651 View Post
    So how does split splitting scholarships work with FCOA? Could a school give everyone of 3/4th scholarship, and FCOA money could be used to fill the funding gap for the student? So the school could then, in affect, have more than the fcs max of full scholarship players?
    If I had to guess, I would believe 3/4 a scholarship = 3/4 FCOA.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    TheKingpin28 is "Nothing but an emotional fair weather fan." - Bisonwinagn

"I think you might have missed my comments. Princeton's QB John Lovett is the best player in the FCS" - World

Quote Originally Posted by Derby City Duke View Post
    Does NDSU split scholarships now? If tuition/room&board rates are low enough that kids could afford to go on a partial, that's one avenue to building the depth you guys have.
    not that you asked about ISUr .. but Spack has gradually gone more and more to 3/4 scholllies for most players, then works with families to make up difference with needs based schollies and grades based money. I don't know the numbers, but I believe most of our kids are 3/4 schollies. I am guessing the top end players probably get full schollies if the money can't be made up elsewhere. Otherwise, he tries to get families to buy into his model to build the roster. He seems to think it works in most situations .. certainly, not all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison56 View Post
    Most people like to ignore that.
    And how many Div 1 programs in North Dakota compared to Louisiana?? Got to add that to the perspective.

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Silenoz View Post
    Football moneyball:

1 - Recognize there is a hugely undervalued gap in the current market (in this case a power running game, when everyone else is moving towards fancy finesse spread offenses)
    2 - Have the culture, support, continuity, and brand to build #1 over many years
    3 - Keep it going with success begetting success, and running the tightest ship possible
    4 - Keep a gap between you and the competition because there are only a handful of programs that can build and maintain much of anything, and they either have trouble maintaining continuity, have endless setbacks thanks to scandals, or chase a bunch of evolutionary football dead ends.
    This is essentially it.
    Waiting for the Griz to become relevant again.

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    63 scholarships is the full amount of allowable scholarships for FCS football. However they allow the scholarships to be spread out like some other sports (basically everything with the exclusions of FBS football, MBB, WBB, women's gymnastics, women's tennis and WVB).
    I fully realize that.My point is if you can afford 85 full rides why not allow it? Its stupid to split schollies up if you dont have to.
    Opportunity is unattainable for most people because it is disguised as hard work!!

Now in multiple locations to serve you better

NDSU's football camps are a big factor.
    "An out-of-context quote to support my world view." - Some Dead Guy

First Class FCS Ruler geaux_sioux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UNAPride View Post
    I remember NDSU from back in the 80s as they were tearing up D2. Yet, dynasties can certainly have lulls and that got me to thinking.

As a writer for D2 football, I always felt like NDSU was at the top of D2 and then reclassified. But, looking back, that's not the case.

Can any long-time fans fill me in on the last years of D2 and what happened? In the Bison's last 8 years of D2/NCC play, they only went to the playoffs twice.

What was up from 1996-2003? Any insight?

http://college-football-results.com/f/ndakotst.htm
    UND happened. They were our bitch.