Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    AGS FCS Champion Reign of Terrier's Avatar

Re: Four reasons NDSU should stay FCS

Now that I think of it, there's a big difference between Georgia Southern, App State and other former FCS schools going FBS than NDSU and that's local interest. NDSU is top dog in North Dakota. GSU/App were not in GA/NC. I can see why they wanted more recognition but NDSU didn't.

Still, I think NDSU overestimates the risk of going FBS. Marshall, App State, and Georgia Southern are collectively 18-2 in bowl games and have multiple conference championships. UMass is an example of a program that moved up without a blue print, but let's be real, NDSU has more in common with Marshall/App/GSU than UMass. Also, I know Marshall may be a controversial example, but if you take out 4 years of institutional mismanagement out of a coach they should have fired after 2 years, Marshall has been a pretty solid program.

Another reason, just to piss people off.

Seriously though why would we want to spend a **** ton more money for marginal gains in exposure. The ROI just doesn't pencil out right now.

Unless NDSU can get into a P5 conference why would they leave? Hell the 1FCS, DII or DIII NC and playoff's is better than playing in the #IDGAFTAMPONBOWL.com bowl LOL!!
    The Easton Stick #12 of the AGS Lounge

If stupidity was an illness liberals and dimocraps would be dead by now

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    Why would NDSU leave?
    To play more than one game every other season that isn't over 14 minutes in?

Maybe EWU or SDSU or MSU will challenge them next year. Probably not though.

And this is still coming from a house that watches a lot of Pitt and Georgia Tech football, so we know all about the pitfalls of meaningless bowls and ****ty Sun Belt games.

With G5 conferences you might get to host a conference championship game and then play in a lower-tier bowl game. In the FCS you can host up to 3 playoff games.

Quote Originally Posted by youngterrier View Post
    Now that I think of it, there's a big difference between Georgia Southern, App State and other former FCS schools going FBS than NDSU and that's local interest. NDSU is top dog in North Dakota. GSU/App were not in GA/NC. I can see why they wanted more recognition but NDSU didn't.

Still, I think NDSU overestimates the risk of going FBS. Marshall, App State, and Georgia Southern are collectively 18-2 in bowl games and have multiple conference championships. UMass is an example of a program that moved up without a blue print, but let's be real, NDSU has more in common with Marshall/App/GSU than UMass. Also, I know Marshall may be a controversial example, but if you take out 4 years of institutional mismanagement out of a coach they should have fired after 2 years, Marshall has been a pretty solid program.

FCS Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator View Post
    It's bizen.

JFC why is this so ****ing hard for people to understand. It's been ****ing 8 years and people are still having issues with this ****!
    Just listen to people STILL pronounce Gonzaga wrong and you'll realize it takes more than 8 years to get people to know how to say your team's name. Even though they're often referred to as the Zags, they're still called Gonz(ah)ga by 50% of media. So, just assume you'll always be called the Bye-sen by some people!

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MTfan4life View Post
    Just listen to people STILL pronounce Gonzaga wrong and you'll realize it takes more than 8 years to get people to know how to say your team's name. Even though they're often referred to as the Zags, they're still called Gonz(ah)ga by 50% of media. So, just assume you'll always be called the Bye-sen by some people!
    I guess when your aunt has worked for the Zags since you were born (me that is), you just know how to pronounce it properly, even if she is a Griz fan at heart. (Grew up in Anaconda and went to UM).

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    TheKingpin28 is "Nothing but an emotional fair weather fan." - Bisonwinagn

"There's a lot of people more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right" - Alexandria 'Sandy' Ocasio-Cortez, the new queen of the left.

NDSU, YSU and Montana are tied for second most Championship Game appearances, at 7. Should YSU and Montana move up too?
    Living the Dream

well said. the Allen, Plano and frisco hotel industries are very close to my heart as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator View Post
    It's bizen.

JFC why is this so ****ing hard for people to understand. It's been ****ing 8 years and people are still having issues with this ****!
    Is this correct?

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/.../english/bison