Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    AGS FCS Champion

Re: Boring.....just go FBS already

Looks like I am right.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails You're Wrong.jpg   You're Wrong.jpg  
    TheKingpin28 is "Nothing but an emotional fair weather fan." - Bisonwinagn

"There's a lot of people more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right" - Alexandria 'Sandy' Ocasio-Cortez, the new queen of the left.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingpin28 View Post
    http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/footba...s/2018/FBS.pdf

You are wrong, as usual. Go to page 115.
    LOL. I'm very familiar with this document and the changes in nomenclature from the 2017 version to the 2018 version.

Can you read the header at the top? It says "FINAL NATIONAL POLL LEADERS" in 2018 version (as they have added other leaders like Alabama in 2016 and ND in 2012) and not "NATIONAL POLL CHAMPIONS" as it was listed in 2017 (when those were not mentioned on that list).

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/footba...s/2017/FBS.pdf

I've seen how you interact on this board. You always have to have the last word. But, sometimes you've just not done enough research to back up your point and that burns you up inside.
    ROAR LIONS!

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinFan View Post
    They are also aided by teams that have already transitioned to the FBS.

Just my opinion, but I think it far less likely that NDSU has 7 titles if App State and GSU are still hanging around. Almost certainly those programs would have met in the post season a number of times the past few years.
    This is an interesting point

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Idaho * Portland State * Cal State-Fullerton * Eastern Washington * Nevada * Delaware * Southern Utah * Youngstown State * Hofstra * Montana State * North Dakota State * Western Illinois * Cal Poly * Massachusetts * Wofford * Northern Arizona * Coastal Carolina * Weber State * UC Davis *
    ...the only visiting teams to win in Washington-Grizzly Stadium

UofMMan1122: "We are officially the most badass state in the union. "

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by UNAPride View Post
    LOL. I'm very familiar with this document and the changes in nomenclature from the 2017 version to the 2018 version.

Can you read the header at the top? It says "FINAL NATIONAL POLL LEADERS" in 2018 version (as they have added other leaders like Alabama in 2016 and ND in 2012) and not "NATIONAL POLL CHAMPIONS" as it was listed in 2017 (when those were not mentioned on that list).

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/footba...s/2017/FBS.pdf

I've seen how you interact on this board. You always have to have the last word. But, sometimes you've just not done enough research to back up your point and that burns you up inside.
    Final national poll leaders also means champions dumbass. That is why Colley had them there. The BCS was used to determine that and that is why the NCAA included them. If you don't want to play that game, you should erase a good amount of "titles" from the FBS then as I am willing to bet some that schools "claim" are invalid then. I've seen how you interact on this board. You try and stir up ****, but sometimes, you've just not done enough research to back up your point and that burns you up inside and so you have to move the goal posts to achieve your goal.

"There's a lot of people more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right" - Alexandria 'Sandy' Ocasio-Cortez, the new queen of the left.

Final national poll leaders also means champions dumbass. That is why Colley had them there. The BCS was used to determine that and that is why the NCAA included them. If you don't want to play that game, you should erase a good amount of "titles" from the FBS then as I am willing to bet some that schools "claim" are invalid then. I've seen how you interact on this board. You try and stir up ****, but sometimes, you've just not done enough research to back up your point and that burns you up inside and so you have to move the goal posts to achieve your goal.
    I'm sorry you can't read. But, it's curious you think the Colley Matrix ranking warrants Notre Dame claiming a national championship in 2012 when they got beat by Alabama in the title game 42-14. That's some natty for the Irish!

"With the FBS moving to a four-team playoff in 2014, we only have to make it through one more year of the BCS computers."

Notre Dame is still No. 1, according to one BCS computer (USA Today)

You're a joke. LMAO!!!
    ROAR LIONS!

#SouthernSpeed

That is the the actual answer. The problem is, the Goofers, made it clear there is not enough "blue-chips" in North Dakota/Minnesota compared to Florida and Texas and so Row-The-Boat U would rather miss out on legit P5 players who don't have that #SouthernSpeed compared to farm boys, who after spending 1 year in an S&C program get to that desired weight/goal and then produce ungodly results on the field. The thing is, NDSU takes a 4.6, 6-1, 200 LB from rural ND/MN/SD/NE/IA/WI and turns him into a 6-1, 225 freak of nature. Use that example for any position where they might be .2 seconds too slow, 2 inches too short, and/or 20-25 pounds too light and bam, there you go, that is how they miss out on a P5 athlete.
    +10000

Boring.....just go FBS already

Quote Originally Posted by Panther88 View Post
    Those two conferences are too busy attempting to go head to head vs the sec schools in sec recruiting territory.
    They’re not going to convince Floridians and southerners to go up to the miserable cold of the Midwest and to a losing program.

Focus on the best players in your approximate region of the country or you let FCS schools become more powerful than you because you are overlooking players that would be going to the ACC or Big 10 east if they just lived in a different state.

The thing is, the NCAA actually recognizes UCF as an FBS title holder. The P5 has their little 4 team suckfest where Alabama is guarenteed a spot, Clemson plays in a weak ACC, and the other 2 spots generally go to a 2nd SEC team should Alabama not win the SEC, (that was the biggest joke ever) and the B1G while the B12 stays at home and ND is irrelevant. Why attempt to make the occassional NY6 bowl knowing damn well that is the highest NDSU will ever get to. UCF proved the point to every "NDSU" team out there that the committee will never touch the G5 to ensure the circle jerk, known as the P5, will be able to remain untouched and "unblemished". You proved my point actually. If Milton was not injured for UCF, they would have had a legitmate argument once again that the P5 cannot handle losing to an "inferior" school and to do such thing would damage their ego and/or hold on the G5.
    https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/arch/

Using the Massey Composite of 100+ polls, ACC did slip in 2018 to 4th best conference, but they were not far behind the Big12 (2nd) or Big10 (3rd) .. but all 3 were pretty far behind SEC. But if you look at ACC using same Massey Composite in the 2 prior seasons, they ranked 1st and then a very close 2nd. So there may be some spill-over love from prior seasons success, when they were right there with SEC for the 2 prior seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by UNAPride View Post
    I didn't even read past your first sentence. Actually, they don't but that's been a great PR campaign by UCF to use a meaningless computer ranking that was listed in the stat book to make their claim.
    Hell, Princeton claims a couple of 19th Century "national titles" that they literally awarded to themselves.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird 4th & short View Post
    https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/arch/

Using the Massey Composite of 100+ polls, ACC did slip in 2018 to 4th best conference, but they were not far behind the Big12 (2nd) or Big10 (3rd) .. but all 3 were pretty far behind SEC. But if you look at ACC using same Massey Composite in the 2 prior seasons, they ranked 1st and then a very close 2nd. So there may be some spill-over love from prior seasons success, when they were right there with SEC for the 2 prior seasons.
    Jimbo leaving FSU hurt them badly. Syracuse could be good but they usually get in their own way. VT used to be solid and UNC/Duke have occasional good years but this year it was Clemson and everyone else

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk