Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    AGS FCS Champion

Re: Boring.....just go FBS already

Quote Originally Posted by Sader87 View Post
    Which doesn't take away the fact that my argument here is that NDSU winning the FCS championship every year is fundamentally boring to all involved, including NDSU fans.

Great achievement? Undoubtedly. Boring? You bettah believe it.
    Don't try to ****ing speak for NDSU fans, yea, we looked freaking bored in Frisco, didn't we.
    Any unauthorized use of the intellectual property of POD Knows without the express written consent of POD Knows will be met with the swift hand of justice as determined by POD Knows

Which doesn't take away the fact that my argument here is that NDSU winning the FCS championship every year is fundamentally boring to all involved, including NDSU fans.

Great achievement? Undoubtedly. Boring? You bettah believe it.
    I'm not bored yet...already making plans for next year. I can tell you though that I would be bored if the best NDSU could do is some throw away bowl in Detroilet.

Seriously, what's the point at this juncture???
    I'd be saying the same thing if I was a Holy Cross fan too. WTF is the point of being D1 if your going to half ass it. You might as well go NAIA at this point.

Interesting points being made here. There are obvious reasons NDSU isn't pursuing FBS.

And let me just say that, from all accounts, the highlight of UNA's season was going up and playing in the Fargodome. The "Alabama" of FCS. Glad the Bison scheduled my alma mater to show them how it's done up there. But, just the reference to Alabama in air quotes would bug me after a certain point.

NE and Bama are playing at the top classification of their leagues and do have competition every single year. The Pats play in a usually weak division but Bama is in the toughest division in the toughest conference in college football. So, as a Bama and Patriots fan (of which I have been for both just as long as I've supported the Lions - 1985), I can also see that it would frustrate me to know that my team could compete with the big boys but were held back from doing so.

Also, we know that a conference invite isn't the problem. Liberty got a waiver and ND has made the CFP multiples times now with an Indy schedule. All other NDSU sports already have a home at the top level of the NCAA.

https://www.liberty.edu/flames/index...3&newsID=20472

But, I seriously doubt anything will come of such chatter. Good season NDSU!
    ROAR LIONS!

Top FCS Advocate

I think most of you guys that want NDSU to move up and are saying that the FCS is boring are confusing the BORING with an abhorrence towards NDSU or maybe jealousy.

When does this become the NDSU theme song? After their 8th title? 9th title? 12th? 15th?

Are we saying that the UCF team that got beat in their meaningless bowl game is better than NDSU? Frost started as an assistant at Northern Iowa.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    You're not wrong. If we could hit a switch and go we would. Unfortunately the second post was also correct.
    Pretty much

First Class FCS Advocate TwinCitiesBison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingpin28 View Post
    #SouthernSpeed

That is the the actual answer. The problem is, the Goofers, made it clear there is not enough "blue-chips" in North Dakota/Minnesota compared to Florida and Texas and so Row-The-Boat U would rather miss out on legit P5 players who don't have that #SouthernSpeed compared to farm boys, who after spending 1 year in an S&C program get to that desired weight/goal and then produce ungodly results on the field. The thing is, NDSU takes a 4.6, 6-1, 200 LB from rural ND/MN/SD/NE/IA/WI and turns him into a 6-1, 225 freak of nature. Use that example for any position where they might be .2 seconds too slow, 2 inches too short, and/or 20-25 pounds too light and bam, there you go, that is how they miss out on a P5 athlete.
    Speaking of, what an asset the Bison have in S&C Coach (or whatever his title is now after his promotion) Jim Kramer. Entire classes have come through the program, head coaches have come and gone, and assistants have shuffled in and out, but Kramer is the rock that the program is built on. In the past 8 years, you can name the number of times the Bison have been physically outmanned on the field on a single hand, FCS and FBS combined, with a couple fingers to spare.
    "It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Obviously, I have no idea what this means.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by TwinCitiesBison View Post
    Speaking of, what an asset the Bison have in S&C Coach (or whatever his title is now after his promotion) Jim Kramer. Entire classes have come through the program, head coaches have come and gone, and assistants have shuffled in and out, but Kramer is the rock that the program is built on. In the past 8 years, you can name the number of times the Bison have been physically outmanned on the field on a single hand, FCS and FBS combined, with a couple fingers to spare.
    Hopefully that role change = pay raise. I know Teammakers can't fund him, but if he were to ever leave, I only hope Ryan Napoli comes home.
    TheKingpin28 is "Nothing but an emotional fair weather fan." - Bisonwinagn

"I think you might have missed my comments. Princeton's QB John Lovett is the best player in the FCS" - World