Quote Originally Posted by Redbird 4th & short View Post
Agreed ... I get OP's point, but I don't want NDSU to leave MVFC (or FCS). They have raised the bar for MVFC .. I've posted playoff results (sans NDSU) since 2011 that convincingly prove that point that "the Wings" have performed better in playoffs than any other conference since 2011 ... better than CAA and Big Sky ... like .650 versus .500 better, exluding NDSU.

But I'm not so sure their model and system would work at P5 level like it does at FCS level. Sure they typically beat an FBS team ranked somewhere between 20-50 every year. But that is one game early in the season .. "trap game", if you will. Imagine if they were a P5 team, putting aside their venue limitations", who got scouted more regularly and had to now play 11 FBS games. That is a whole different grind AND and whole different game, just in term of physical skill levels and style of game putting playmakers in space. That is not NDSU's game .. and they would eventually have to adapt to that.

So that leaves them at G5 level IMO .. and why would they do that ? It is only marginally better than the FCS top 20 or MVFC top 5. So they would do what each year in G5 .... compete for some weak G5 conference title anf then go from 1 irrelevant bowl game to another each year. I just don't see how the G5 bowl series is better than FCS playoffs ... by better, I mean more rewarding. NDSU gets 3 more home games ($$$) and a trip to Frisco for "true Natty".

I wouldn't take that trade if i were them .. P5 is not realistic, and G5 is not worth it, for them .. might be for others.

So I'm glad they are FCS and MVFC. But I also don't believe they would realistically be better off by trying to make a jump. I hope they stay and that my ISUr are the next team to knock them off the mantle (ala JMU) .. we return a lot next year, and we're trying to beat them, not get rid of them.
It's not