Quote Originally Posted by SUPharmacist View Post
I have seen this a lot, and I just don't get the added security it brings. If it is an efficiency thing and it means they do not have to do a bag check, I get it. But skipping the bag check means less effectiveness (you could wrap a tshirt around whatever you want to bring in). But if facilities still do a bag check what added benefit is there for this over just checking regular bags? It only makes sense to me if you ban bags entirely. As someone with a small child and another child who had medical issues warranting additional gear for a while I get that some people need to bring items in. However, in my experience facilities with clear bag policies exempt items like diaper bags and medical equipment anyways. I always struggle with these attempts at security, but I do not really have any better suggestions. I would love to hear the perspective of anyone who works in security for their school, but I am sure a different forum would be a more appropriate spot for this.

I cannot wait for the season to start, and these side discussions to fade into the background as we have more actual football to discuss.
It's called security theater. The US is the epicenter of security theater in nearly all aspects of life.