Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: 2019 Facility/Stadium Upgrades

AggieFinn posted the link to this earlier, but I'm excited....so here's a pic.

New Student-Athlete Performance Center and Practice Field adjacent to UC Davis Health Stadium

First Class FCS Ruler
    In the trenches, kicking cancer's @$$ 1 day at a time

JMU will install a new artificial surface at Bridgeforth Stadium prior to the 2019 season.

https://jmusports.com/news/2019/5/3/...-for-2019.aspx
    "The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty." - James Madison

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at a time of challenge and controversy.” – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

"Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul." Jim Valvano

Quote Originally Posted by Derby City Duke View Post
    JMU will install a new artificial surface at Bridgeforth Stadium prior to the 2019 season.

https://jmusports.com/news/2019/5/3/...-for-2019.aspx
    Is there any plans to demolish the old grandstands (I assume the visitors side) and enclose the stadium in the near future?

First Class FCS Ruler
    In the trenches, kicking cancer's @$$ 1 day at a time

Near future? Doubtful. That was the original stadium when I was a student -- I used to keep drive charts for the SID's office from the roof of the pressbox. There were wooden bleachers that sat on the track on the opposite side of the field.

That is currently student/General Admission/Visitors section (believe the visitors also get a section in the corner of the upper deck on the home sideline if needed.

I would only expect JMU to finish the stadium as originally envisioned if they get the demand for more than the 24,877 official capacity and/or get invited to the FBS level (wouldn't expect them to move unless the AAC comes calling). It's been so long I can't remember if they were going to put a second level on the end zone seats. Not sure if that's doable because of the active railroad track that's pretty close.

I'd like to see them renovate the original side to match the new side and include camera platforms high enough to shoot from that side of the field.
    "The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty." - James Madison

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at a time of challenge and controversy.” – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

"Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul." Jim Valvano

AGS FCS Master

VMI is (finally) expanding the press box/FB building. Adding a third (for TV) and fourth (for replay) boothes, and expanding/adding to the FB coaches offices (the level below the press box), and meeting rooms....maybe have four or six enclosed "boxes" for the $$$ doners.....
    1-AA is tops!!

YSU is finishing a new press box this summer on the east side (smaller side) of the stadium. All game day media will be over there. Both home and away video and radio booths, replay, etc. Also, behind the stands where the tennis courts used to be will be a new 334 spot parking lot. Fyi for visiting fans...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 16751536_G.jpg   18296172_G.jpg  

The Imagine Dragons of AGS

Quote Originally Posted by ytownchief22 View Post
    YSU is finishing a new press box this summer on the east side (smaller side) of the stadium. All game day media will be over there. Both home and away video and radio booths, replay, etc. Also, behind the stands where the tennis courts used to be will be a new 334 spot parking lot. Fyi for visiting fans...

No more ridiculous camera angles from the top of the mountain? Nice!
    TheKingpin28 is "Nothing but an emotional fair weather fan." - Bisonwinagn

"There's a lot of people more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right" - Alexandria 'Sandy' Ocasio-Cortez, the new queen of the left.

Major renovations at the Dakota Dome (University of South Dakota). Entire project will be completed for 2020 season. Increasing seating capacity, adding field level suites, new locker room, expanded concourse, etc.

https://spark.adobe.com/page/2f5QoU0WWzUrD/

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Howlingyote View Post
    Major renovations at the Dakota Dome (University of South Dakota). Entire project will be completed for 2020 season. Increasing seating capacity, adding field level suites, new locker room, expanded concourse, etc.

https://spark.adobe.com/page/2f5QoU0WWzUrD/

Looks nice but still a very small venue.

5500 seats for this year's games and when completed only 9K seats......

The Imagine Dragons of AGS

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post
    Looks nice but still a very small venue.

5500 seats for this year's games and when completed only 9K seats......
    half of which will be filled by SDSU fans when their team is on the road, due to all of the fan sharing they partake in.
    TheKingpin28 is "Nothing but an emotional fair weather fan." - Bisonwinagn

"There's a lot of people more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right" - Alexandria 'Sandy' Ocasio-Cortez, the new queen of the left.