Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 172
  1. #11
    FCS EGG-HOLE
    MR. CHICKEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    IT'S NEW-ARK NOT NEW-IRK...BRAWK!
    Posts
    21,047

    Re: CAA 2019 Off-Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cx500d View Post
    You guys miss us don’t you? Always trying to entice us back. The problem is it CAAn’t work this time, we are busy building a new trophy case

    ...........NEW COACH.....LOST SENIORS......ME THINKS....SOME BUFFALOES....’MONG.....BIZONSSSSS..IN YOUSE....SIGNING LIST.......IT MAY FINALLY BE OVERAH.....FCS.......................BRAWK!

  2. #12
    First Class FCS Ruler whoanellie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    806

    Re: CAA 2019 Off-Season Thread

    A lot of coaches being recruited within the conference at both the Head and assistant coaching ranks.

  3. #13
    FCS Master
    KPSUL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,323

    Re: CAA 2019 Off-Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by citdog View Post
    The caa will receive far fewer bids in 2019. The Citadel will beat towson in Charleston to open the season and then a xouple of weeks later The 'Dogs will THRUST all over elon.
    Why would a small state military school want to start its season with two likely loses before going to GT for a beat down?
    "Knowledge is Good" Emil Faber

  4. #14
    FCS Ruler TribeNomad1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    439

    Re: CAA 2019 Off-Season Thread

    Will be interesting to see the changes with new coaches at:
    W&M
    JMU
    Maine
    Elon

  5. #15
    Major FCS Advocate hoidOfYolen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    128

    Re: CAA 2019 Off-Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TribeNomad1 View Post
    Will be interesting to see the changes with new coaches at:
    W&M
    JMU
    Maine
    Elon
    I think Maine got the short end of the stick in this roulette. They had a void in their defensive scheme when both Harisymiak and their DC left, and they should have hired from the outside someone who could preserve their strengths, which are defense and special teams. Harisymiak was a big reason their defense thrived, and losing their DC is going to hurt. They better hope their new DC can pick up where they left off, because their defense was absolutely remarkable and it would be a shame to see that falter. Instead of hiring a defensive guy they hired their OC. I guess they couldn't entice anyone outside of the program with the 150k salary.

    Elon on the other hand has preserved their defensive strength by hiring their DC as their new head coach and kept their OC from moving away, which is huge. Folmar, their OC, seemed hindered in playcalling by Cignetti's addiction to running the ball up the middle. Hopefully they'll be able to balance out the offense and be able to play to their strengths: Cheek's arm and outside runs with Thomas's speed.

  6. #16
    Master FCS Advocate CenMEBlackBearFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    300

    Re: CAA 2019 Off-Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hoidOfYolen View Post
    I think Maine got the short end of the stick in this roulette. They had a void in their defensive scheme when both Harisymiak and their DC left, and they should have hired from the outside someone who could preserve their strengths, which are defense and special teams. Harisymiak was a big reason their defense thrived, and losing their DC is going to hurt. They better hope their new DC can pick up where they left off, because their defense was absolutely remarkable and it would be a shame to see that falter. Instead of hiring a defensive guy they hired their OC. I guess they couldn't entice anyone outside of the program with the 150k salary.

    Elon on the other hand has preserved their defensive strength by hiring their DC as their new head coach and kept their OC from moving away, which is huge. Folmar, their OC, seemed hindered in playcalling by Cignetti's addiction to running the ball up the middle. Hopefully they'll be able to balance out the offense and be able to play to their strengths: Cheek's arm and outside runs with Thomas's speed.
    Holy crap holdofYolen, think you have more insight into UMaine than Maine fans have, well you think do. I don't believe our DC was going to be hired as the HC as Hetherman is more suited as a DC than a HC, good for JMU. From what I understand the AD had several conversations with Harasymiak about his inevitable departure and subsequent replacement. They all felt Charlton the OC had the skills to be the HC. I like the fact we have 16 returning players and feel Harasymiak's biggest loss will be in the recruiting end. Joe has a great personality and being a NJ guy he recruiting well from that area, it will be hurt Maine unless Charlton can replace a DC or OC from that neck of the woods or have someone on the staff that can do that. Charlton at 30yrs old the youngest HC in FCS is one sharp guy and thinking he will address these concerns.

  7. #17
    Master FCS Advocate Herder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    360

    Re: CAA 2019 Off-Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by KPSUL View Post
    Why would a small state military school want to start its season with two likely loses before going to GT for a beat down?
    Did you see GT lay down gently for MN? I wouldn’t worry about that one.

  8. #18
    AGS FCS Champion mainejeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    12,775

    Re: CAA 2019 Off-Season Thread

    Maine loses assistant D coach Birkett to JMU as well. Is JMU done hiring their f***ing staff yet?

  9. #19
    FCS Expert RootinFerDukes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,957

    Re: CAA 2019 Off-Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mainejeff View Post
    Maine loses assistant D coach Birkett to JMU as well. Is JMU done hiring their f***ing staff yet?
    Word is we’re about to hire Bananas the Bear. He’s tired of being paid in banana peels.

  10. #20
    FCS Master
    KPSUL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,323

    Re: CAA 2019 Off-Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RootinFerDukes View Post
    Word is we’re about to hire Bananas the Bear. He’s tired of being paid in banana peels.
    Good choice, he's a much better mascot than that goofy dog with the cape and crown you guys currently have.
    "Knowledge is Good" Emil Faber

Similar Threads

  1. Patriot League 2019 Off Season Thread
    By DFW HOYA in forum FCS Discussion
    Replies: 269
    Last Post: March 21st, 2019, 10:30 AM
  2. SoCon 2019 Off-Season
    By FUBeAR in forum FCS Discussion
    Replies: 620
    Last Post: March 19th, 2019, 09:18 PM
  3. 2019 Recruiting Class thread
    By Mike296 in forum The Ins & Outs of FCS
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: February 6th, 2019, 05:53 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •