Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    AGS FCS Champion

Re: Thoughts on Potential Lehigh HC?

Cramsey took over an offense at Montana State in 2013 that was expected to do big things. The former OC left Bozeman for Utah State. Senior QB Denarius McGhee was the 2012 Big Sky Player of the year and was easily one of the favorites to win the Payton Award. The Bobcats entered the season ranked #2 (NDSU #1) and stumbled along. The offense was solid (32.9) under Cramsey but a bit inconsistent. Denarius McGHee struggled in the new system and fell to an honorable mention Big Sky QB. The Bobcats missed the playoffs and the heat on Ash started to grow a bit.

2014 new QB Dakota Prukop (got 3rd team All-BSC) had a huge year in his first year as the starter and the offense improved by 6 points to 38 ppg. Prukop was effective running and passing. He actually led the Bobcats in rushing. Prukop and the offense improved again in 2015. Prukop garnered 1st team All-American honors and the attention of the Oregon staff. The team overall was like Lehigh in 2017, great offense and terrible defense. When Ash and the staff were let go following the 2015 season Prukop headed to Eugene and Cramsey left for Nevada.

Ash was impressed by Cramsey's offense in 2011 when prepping for the UNH playoff game in 2011. MSU won that game 26-25.

2 pics from Cramsey's first game as Montana State's OC. Interestingly it was against Monmouth. South Mountain is nice, but this view was next level...

One other Cramsey memory. I was at Lackawanna County Stadium in 1993 the day his ACC team took down might Berwick in the Eastern Finals. Clips of that game were shown as part of ABC's Nightline 2 part special on Berwick football called "Dawg Days; A Town, A Team". I can promise you, they did not expect Berwick to lose that year.
    Last edited by Go Lehigh TU owl; December 14th, 2018 at 04:10 PM.
    Temple Alum By Choice, Lehigh Sports Fan By Blood

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by wapiti View Post
    Would Rob Ash be a good fit????
    Please no! Great guy to play a round of golf with but not the most passionate coach I've ever met.

Only half joking, but I would LOVE Dave Steckel....

I don't think there is any way Joe would hire him though.
    Last edited by Bill; December 14th, 2018 at 03:58 PM. Reason: left out key part
    “If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sader87 View Post
    Pretty sure Cramsey's name was floated (and he may even have looked into it, but backed out) for the Holy Cross job last year.
    Cramsey was a finalist at CCSU 5 years ago, but the job went to Rossomando. I would take Cramsey if we had to do it again.

NEC Football Champions

2004 - 2005 - 2009 - 2010
    2017 - FCS Playoffs

JMU hired Curt Cignetti today. Folmar and Trich will probably a good look from Elon.

AGS FCS Champion

I find it interesting that Lehigh and Elon are once again connected in the coaching go-around. I wonder how long Sterrett can wait on Trisciani and Folmar if both are indeed serious candidates. I have to believe JMU pays their assistants quite well.

Joe doesnt have a big window now to wait on this merry go round. Both could just go to JMU. Agree money is probably better. They certainly do sit with great options.

On the Breast of Old South Mountain

I agree that a the window of opportunity could be small considering the moving furniture going on. My sense at present would be Cramsey, Trisciani, Cecchini, Folmar. I know LFN has been talking Golden, but I just don't see how that works monetarily. Also, Defense has to be a focus. So, whoever, becomes a target needs to explain how they approach that chestnut that is the key for a turnaround.
    LEHIGH WILL SHINE TONIGHT, LEHIGH WILL SHINE!
    Patriot League Champions: 1993, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2010, 2011, 2016, 2017
    NCAA Playoff Appearances: D-II 1973, 1975, 1977 NCAA Champions
    D-IAA 1979 (Finalist), 1980, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2016, 2017

I propose that the Stained Undies hire John Garrett, brother of Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett. He has name recognition which would be good for recruiting. Unfortunately, he has done absolutely nothing in football for two years and may be a bit rusty.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ngineer View Post
    I agree that a the window of opportunity could be small considering the moving furniture going on. My sense at present would be Cramsey, Trisciani, Cecchini, Folmar. I know LFN has been talking Golden, but I just don't see how that works monetarily. Also, Defense has to be a focus. So, whoever, becomes a target needs to explain how they approach that chestnut that is the key for a turnaround.
    Golden has made plenty of money for he and his family. I don't think money would be an issue. He was a LB coach at Boston College and Penn State and the DC at Virginia. He's definitely a defensive first guy. Golden earned his Master's in Sports Psychology while at UVA. He's a smart guy that knows the importance of true student-athletes. His value system and ethics would jive at Lehigh.

It sounds like Cignetti is going try and retain his staff. Signing day is Wednesday. Need to get something in place imo. Hopefully Sterrett is closing in..
    Last edited by Go Lehigh TU owl; December 15th, 2018 at 08:05 PM.