Quote Originally Posted by ElCid View Post
The biggest issue I see is the poor attendance. Is support that weak? A school the size of KSU in one of the biggest metros in the country should have much better attendance. I get that it is a new program and it takes time to establish. At least they are winning. But who ever is running the publicity there needs to be fired. Even though we have a tenth of the student body in a small metro area, and had a losing record this year, and are without half our stadium, we had a much higher attendance numbers.

I can actually see KSU move to the SOCON in the near future (2-3 years). That said, we are a conference dominated by good, but small private/public schools (VMI, The Citadel, Furman, Wofford, Samford). Therefore, if KSU were to be added, I think it would require the addition of smaller public or private school as well. Call it a counter weight to KSU, UTC, WCU, ETSU, Mercer.
KSU has always had an issue with participation, whether it be for sports, clubs, or any other school events. I’m not close with this issue, however I understand that Greek life and the school do not get along, and they refuse to support school sanctioned events, unlike other schools where Greek life is often a key catalyst for school pride. What is interesting though is that SO many alumni live within the metro Atlanta area, so if they can figure out a way to make games a part of people’s routines, this whole narrative could dramatically change.